Loyal customer for 15+ years disappointed, considering switching to BRS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Alex V.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
It seems that I purchased two of the wrong Kessil A360x (refugium instead of Tuna Blue). I need the lights ASAP, to my surprise when I open the box to see 2 refugium lights I called customer service and the only option was to spend another $1000 and pay for the return.

Kessils can be purchased from all major vendors. So it trickles down to loyalty and customer service/support. After all this time as a customer I don't even get the courtesy of a prepaid return label or any option other than spending 2000 plus shipping back to them in order to expedite the process.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
It seems that I purchased two of the wrong Kessil A360x (refugium instead of Tuna Blue). I need the lights ASAP, to my surprise when I open the box to see 2 refugium lights I called customer service and the only option was to spend another $1000 and pay for the return.

Kessils can be purchased from all major vendors. So it trickles down to loyalty and customer service/support. After all this time as a customer I don't even get the courtesy of a prepaid return label or any option other than spending 2000 plus shipping back to them in order to expedite the process.
Thanks for sharing this. Not sure if it’s an appropriate post, but good to know.

I’ve only been at this for about a year, and am learning that it’s important to read the fine print for online stores like BRS, MarineDepot, etc. Anytime I can buy the same item through Amazon Prime — even if it’s slightly higher — I’ll do it simply for confidence in the purchasing, shipping, and return process. For one of the online companies ones I’ve paid extra for 2-day delivery only to learn that it’s 2 day once they ship it, which took 3-4 days.

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score

Hi Alex,

I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience on this. I'm not too sure what happened initially with the return, but I do see that you spoke to one of our representatives and that a courtesy label return label was issued to take care of the return shipping. I'm having a member of our team reach out and verify that the label was received, but if it was not, please let them know or reply back here and I will get it taken care of.
Thanks,
Steven@MarineDepot

Dennisd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
It's hard to believe. I am sure this happened to you, but I am a long time customer of Marine Depot. They have bent over backwards to straighten out any problem I have ever had. The problems were very small and that's because of the way they handled it. I'm sure they will take care of this.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Looks like the issue was resolved. Love seeing disputes come to resolutions thanks to R2R opening the lines of communication to vendors in a neutral setting.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 97 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back