LPS Coral - Eye Candy

Bretttownend

View Badges
Reaction score
sure, whats up
I’ve had a trachy since Saturday, I came home from work yesterday and noticed some skeleton showing, I’ve come home today and it’s 100% retracted, I’d moved it into duller light yesterday, I’ve checked my parameters everything’s in check, I’m wondering if you’ve ever had anything similar? There’s no other coral near it to sting it, I’ve also noticed the mouth closest to the retracting flesh isn’t accepting food whether it be pellet or mysis even tho the mouths open, I’m lost and worried I may lose the coral. I’ll attach some pics

ChaosAquaculture

Specializing in the Ridiculous
View Badges
Reaction score
Here on this pic you can see the mouth open to the left of the coral

More times than not if you buy a Trach at a local FS chances are it was in the ocean not to long ago so its still a wild coral. Not allot to work with when it comes to fragging them so its difficult to say how long it was in captivity or not and as you prob. know Captive kept coral or aquaculture coral withstand living in a glass box a lot better than wild. One of the things that has worked for me with coral that has been wilds are very low light and good flow. We take these sensitive creatures and hit them with everything artificial we can, and unfortunately some just dont like it. Also, lots of fish and critters find fleshy corals like Trachs and Acans delicious. One of the more notorious ones for picking at them are peppermint shrimp. You may want to take a clear tupperware with some holes poked in it for flow and put it over the brain like a protective dome for a week or 2. If it starts to heal, you can be pretty sure something was picking on it.

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

Barnabie Mejia

View Badges
Reaction score
Say hello to my gonis :)

Viewed with yellow filter under blue led's

Screenshot_20190618-222245_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20190618-222229_Gallery.jpg

there is a type of coral that looks similar to this, but they open and close like little hands, does anyone happen to know what they are called? I like them and my wife and kids really like them, so I want to surprise them with some in the tank. are they a sensitive breed? are they hard to keep? and are they going to spread like crazy (cause I don't want them to take over the tank!) ?

thanks!

rogersb

View Badges
Reaction score
there is a type of coral that looks similar to this, but they open and close like little hands, does anyone happen to know what they are called? I like them and my wife and kids really like them, so I want to surprise them with some in the tank. are they a sensitive breed? are they hard to keep? and are they going to spread like crazy (cause I don't want them to take over the tank!) ?

thanks!
Xenia. It's easy but can take over your tank.

How often do have to clean your aquarium glass?

• Every Day

Votes: 76 10.2%
  • A few Days a Week

Votes: 218 29.3%
  • A Couple Days a Week

Votes: 218 29.3%
  • Once a Week

Votes: 178 23.9%
  • Every 10 or so Days

Votes: 45 6.0%
  • Every Couple of Weeks

Votes: 34 4.6%