LPS corals that grow similarly to SPS coral?

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a couple of lps I am thinking of, but I guess I am a bit confused on what you want. Is it a high light lps? An sps that is super easy to care for? An lps with tiny polyps? Something encrusting? If you can keep a clam, you can keep stony corals in general.

I wouldn't worry about trace elements. Simply dose them.
An LPS that is similar in looks to SPS but is easier to keep - My Blenny decided to take a liking to acropora and not LPS so I’m hoping I can get a similar look of SPS tanks but with LPS

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
candy cane/trumpet coral branches. Chalice corals for that monti-like look. You can try some of the less common SPS corals like porites or psammocora. Those have branching species. Anacropora grows quick and is fairly hardy. Sinularia grows branching and if in high flow it will become pretty stiff like an SPS coral. I think most leathers look best in high flow and light despite the perception of them being low light/flow corals. They tolerate that better than SPS but they do not thrive as well as they would at the top of the tank. Those are what I can think of.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was going to mention this, really the only branching sps-like LPS. Pectinia also gets kind of branchy, but it’s got pretty nasty sweepers.
This. Pectinia sweepers are MASSIVE. Especially once the colony gets settled in and puts on meaningful size. But man they are beautiful.

OP check out the space invader pectinia. It's cool.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pavona, scroll coral
An LPS that is similar in looks to SPS but is easier to keep - My Blenny decided to take a liking to acropora and not LPS so I’m hoping I can get a similar look of SPS tanks but with LPS

Pavona, chalice, any "brain" coral, war coral, etc all have tiny polyps.

You might want to try some cheap montipora. It's hard to kill that stuff.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pavona, scroll coral

Pavona, chalice, any "brain" coral, war coral, etc all have tiny polyps.

You might want to try some cheap montipora. It's hard to kill that stuff.
Yeah, my blenny also started nipping at the Montipora spoingodes I have - Rarely but I have seen him do it.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 54 55.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back