**!! LRO 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY LIVE SALE! Our BEST one yet!!! FREEBIES! INSANE GIVEAWAYS!! HOT HOT CORALS!!**

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think you're right. The growers are almost in line with a power head. The lingerers are more sheltered and dark.
Weird. Mine get too much flow and tend to stay tucked, not enough flow and they will and tuck even tighter, moderate flow and they extend and sway. However, mine used to really stretch but for the past couple of weeks they've stayed kind of short. Moved them to the 125 two days ago and they stayed tucked. 10 minutes ago I moved them into a little lower flow but still more than they got in the 75 and they're opening up.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird. Mine get too much flow and tend to stay tucked, not enough flow and they will and tuck even tighter, moderate flow and they extend and sway. However, mine used to really stretch but for the past couple of weeks they've stayed kind of short. Moved them to the 125 two days ago and they stayed tucked. 10 minutes ago I moved them into a little lower flow but still more than they got in the 75 and they're opening up.
My power heads are "too small" (500gph when running well) and they sit just out of the direct flow. I see them swaying, but they don't seem to be batted around.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've got 2 2100 GPH powerheads on opposite sides of the tank plus my 800GPH (too small, I know) return pump that's split across the tank with a 1" RFG and (2) 3/4" and (2) 1/2" nozzles.
IMG_20220704_114530173.jpg

IMG_20220704_114444694.jpg
IMG_20220704_114502598.jpg
IMG_20220704_114507052.jpg

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got whatever the fluval 207 puts out across the top back, a 500 on the back wall and another on the side opposed to the filter. the 2 heads alternate.

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! Yes looks like it might be a fire favites although it looks different to what I can find on the website so hopefully @Living Reef Orlando can confirm, and Milka stylo in the back. Cool! Something different than what I would have picked and the group of the new corals looks super cool together.

Once they get settled in I will need to figure out placement for them all. I have a small tank so want to make sure they are the best places I can have them so they are not fighting each other and the flow/lighting is the best for them too.
I have increased the flow recently but most things seem pretty happy, but strangely it seems to be flowing pretty quickly across the bottom at the front of the tank more than anywhere else. My powerhead might need to be slightly adjusted.
Please please please be mindful of where you put the purple Stylo. It grows quick and will encrust and decimate everything in its path. But once grown out and under high light, it's beautiful. Here's my colony:

DSC_2537-01-01.jpeg

Elise_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please please please be mindful of where you put the purple Stylo. It grows quick and will encrust and decimate everything in its path. But once grown out and under high light, it's beautiful. Here's my colony:

DSC_2537-01-01.jpeg
Thanks, that is very good to know.
It may not be the best idea for my current tank as I only have a 13.5G nano. It was my freebie coral from a win here on the forum.

I would love to have a bigger tank for it.. haha but that won't happen unless I find a real deal somewhere at the moment.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It may not be the best idea for my current tank as I only have a 13.5G nano. It was my freebie coral from a win here on the forum.

I would love to have a bigger tank for it.. haha but that won't happen unless I find a real deal somewhere at the moment.
Mine was in a 5 gallon. Put it at the top in a corner and it can do whatever it wants.
IMG_20221025_152520466.jpg

Now it shares the GSP island in the 125. I think the GSP keeps it in check. It got accidentally fragged 6 times moving from the 5 to the 125.

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I had a 13.5 fluval too. What you can do now is simple glue the frag to a small piece of rubble rock and glue that to wherever you want to place it. That allows time for the frag to encrust over the rubble rock and allows you to easily move it when necessary. Or depending on your rockscape, isolate an island for it and other encrusting corals and let them duke it out when they grow too fast. At the end of day, corals warfare will happen and you have to let nature do it's thing.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 71 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 7.8%
Back