**!! LRO 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY LIVE SALE! Our BEST one yet!!! FREEBIES! INSANE GIVEAWAYS!! HOT HOT CORALS!!**

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Create Today Is The Day GIF by STABILO

Elise_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They arrived!!! Acclimated and just into the tank and they are already starting to open and color up. Its so cool to watch.
They all seemed to have survived the trip pretty well!

Will need to wait a little till I can figure out which mystery ones I got!
I got a Zoa as my softy mystery - I think its a daisy cutter.
My LPS mystery I honestly have no idea, have nothing like it! haha
My free frag from day one of the giveaway is an SPS of some sort, need to go searching the website to see what I can find!

Will get some photos later this afternoon when everything settles in a bit more.

Mr.OK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They arrived!!! Acclimated and just into the tank and they are already starting to open and color up. Its so cool to watch.
They all seemed to have survived the trip pretty well!

Will need to wait a little till I can figure out which mystery ones I got!
I got a Zoa as my softy mystery - I think its a daisy cutter.
My LPS mystery I honestly have no idea, have nothing like it! haha
My free frag from day one of the giveaway is an SPS of some sort, need to go searching the website to see what I can find!

Will get some photos later this afternoon when everything settles in a bit more.
Or you can post photos here Ann tells you what they are.......

Elise_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2905.JPG

These are probably not looking as good as they will yet. Honestly only bene in the tank for 15-20 minutes.. haha

The SPS in the back and the orange/red and green in the centre are the two I am unsure of.
I don't have any SPS in the tank yet.
Will definitely get better photos later when they are more settled.

The Zoa ended up pointing into the tank so will turn it later but from what I recall it is very similar to Daisy Cutter if not that. Red center with some white specks through the mid section on a blue/purple base with green fringe.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
IMG_2905.JPG

These are probably not looking as good as they will yet. Honestly only bene in the tank for 15-20 minutes.. haha

The SPS in the back and the orange/red and green in the centre are the two I am unsure of.
I don't have any SPS in the tank yet.
Will definitely get better photos later when they are more settled.

The Zoa ended up pointing into the tank so will turn it later but from what I recall it is very similar to Daisy Cutter if not that. Red center with some white specks through the mid section on a blue/purple base with green fringe.
Looks like either a Purple or Milka Stylo (probably Milka) and possibly a Fascination Favia. @Living Reef Orlando ? Did I nail it?

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now you're going to make me remember the lesson Ann gave for pocilopora and stylophora apart? My brain is a sieve. The sps is one of those. the lps in front glitter favia or fire favites

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
now you're going to make me remember the lesson Ann gave for pocilopora and stylophora apart? My brain is a sieve. The sps is one of those. the lps in front glitter favia or fire favites
Actually, I think you're right with the Fire Favites.

Elise_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! Yes looks like it might be a fire favites although it looks different to what I can find on the website so hopefully @Living Reef Orlando can confirm, and Milka stylo in the back. Cool! Something different than what I would have picked and the group of the new corals looks super cool together.

Once they get settled in I will need to figure out placement for them all. I have a small tank so want to make sure they are the best places I can have them so they are not fighting each other and the flow/lighting is the best for them too.
I have increased the flow recently but most things seem pretty happy, but strangely it seems to be flowing pretty quickly across the bottom at the front of the tank more than anywhere else. My powerhead might need to be slightly adjusted.

Last edited:

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks guys! Yes looks like it might be a fire favites although it looks different to what I can find on the website so hopefully @Living Reef Orlando can confirm, and Milka stylo in the back. Cool! Something different than what I would have picked and the group of the new corals looks super cool together.

Once they get settled in I will need to figure out placement for them all. I have a small tank so want to make sure they are the best places I can have them so they are not fighting each other and the flow/lighting is the best for them too.
I have increased the flow recently but most things seem pretty happy, but strangely it seems to be flowing pretty quickly across the bottom at the front of the tank more than anywhere else. My powerhead might need to be slightly adjusted.
I would say that all of the corals pictures with the exception of the Stylophora have some stinging tentacles although most will be short. They'll mainly need room to grow. It looks like you have a Goni off to the right? As those get comfortable they'll stretch out some so that's probably going to need the most space out of the corals I see. Mine usually reach about an inch to an inch and a half from the base but I've seen some that stretch out 3"-4" in the flow.

Elise_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say that all of the corals pictures with the exception of the Stylophora have some stinging tentacles although most will be short. They'll mainly need room to grow. It looks like you have a Goni off to the right? As those get comfortable they'll stretch out some so that's probably going to need the most space out of the corals I see. Mine usually reach about an inch to an inch and a half from the base but I've seen some that stretch out 3"-4" in the flow.
I will definitely post more photos of them all, but these ones seemed the more aggressive side - had been scared for Favia in the past for that reason.

The one on the right is the apple jack alveopora, so I think less stretched than the Goni's? Also never had one before.. haha such a newbie!

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gonis get long, all but 1 of them. One frag has at least doubled since I got it. Probably because they can snatch the food.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I will definitely post more photos of them all, but these ones seemed the more aggressive side - had been scared for Favia in the past for that reason.

The one on the right is the apple jack alveopora, so I think less stretched than the Goni's? Also never had one before.. haha such a newbie!
Alveopora are very similar to Goniopora they just have less lashes or "petals".
Gonis
IMG_20220102_193948257~2.jpg

Alveopora
IMG_20221023_200120011.jpg

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

My Alveopora (the green one at the bottom left in the picture) is a largish colony and when it stretches it's usually longer than my Gonis.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here they are stretching a little. They've stretched out significantly more than this at times but they're mad at me right now.
IMG_20220422_102004765~2.jpg

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My gonis get long, all but 1 of them. One frag has at least doubled since I got it. Probably because they can snatch the food.
I think it partially depends on flow. Mine seem to grow faster when they're extended and slower when they're tucked in closer.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it partially depends on flow. Mine seem to grow faster when they're extended and slower when they're tucked in closer.
I think you're right. The growers are almost in line with a power head. The lingerers are more sheltered and dark.

Back