LRO BEAT THE HEAT AFTER SALE GOING ON NOW!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

QuirkyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah... one for Quirky, one for the customer, one for Quirky, one for the customer

Ninja Stealing GIF
You’d be surprised how many times I’ve tried to assist in any way lol

OP
OP
Living Reef Orlando

Living Reef Orlando

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@Living Reef Orlando do you all have any ebay auctions going? I am ebay stupid and I think I found your store on ebay but it's not showing anything available.
We used to do them every week but between ebay fees and paypal fees it was just too much!! We might consider doing them again though.
It's crazy that no one is buying up the Jack-O-Lantern leptos. Easily one of the brightest coral ever with a metallic shine. I have a huge colony and I LOVE it.

i know...same for burning banana stylo...was so hyped when it was released. I got one this round.
JAck-O-lantern and burning banana are two exceptional corals, so easy to grow and so bright. I love them both myself.

OP
OP
Living Reef Orlando

Living Reef Orlando

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Remember for those big purchases we do offer financing and split pay!! Split Pay is zero credit check and has no interest charges! Good for orders between $50 and $1000 and breaks your purchase into 4 equal payments. Our financing option allows you to pay over time from 6-24 months with up to 0% interest based on your credit worthiness.

OP
OP
Living Reef Orlando

Living Reef Orlando

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
When you guys are done shopping I would love a little feed back! How did you guys like the drops? What types of corals would you like to see more of? I want to hear anything you guys think we could improve on! On that note, have a great night everyone!

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you guys are done shopping I would love a little feed back! How did you guys like the drops? What types of corals would you like to see more of? I want to hear anything you guys think we could improve on! On that note, have a great night everyone!
First and foremost, this guy is gonna need moarrrrr zoas!!!

lambe00j

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you again Ann, Alex and the LRO team. This was a huge success in my eyes. Had some troubles at the end (I guess 14+ orders started to raise some flags on your end? But I Loved it! I bought more in the after sales. I am not kidding, I might have to set up a 3rd tank now. This was fun, wife wasn’t too pleased but when I said I might set up another tank, she liked that idea.

I would like more $5-$10 torches. I was shocked none of those popped up. But over all, I love the Acans, hammers, torches and the random ‘hot deals’ that I was able to snag. Thank you all! I’ll see y’all this week sometime to get ‘water’!

pixelhustler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super fun and Acans were out of this world!

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
- I like the random drops every few minutes instead of the usual hourly drops. It keeps the thread lively and engaging.
- The hosts did a great job answering questions throughout the day. It must have been exhausting for you so huge kudos to both hosts.
- I like what Ann did with random price drops on items in between scheduled drops.
- Coupons to reward those paying attention in thread is nice too.
- Colony photos for LRO acros and montiporas would be real nice. This can be part of the website when you click into the item.
- All the milles with different names look kind of the same. Drogon, electric melon, sunrise, etc all look like slight variations of sunset mille.

Creggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I just ordered some coral and forgot to put the offer code in for the after sale… I’m an idiot. Should I reach out to the email?

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Overall, quite an enjoyable sale. I don't really have much criticism, but here are my thoughts:

First, I like that it's a little slower-paced here than it is on some of the other live sales. I don't know if you're just newer to the game or if you don't get the attention I feel like you deserve, but the entire process runs smoother and faster than it does on some of the other live sales. If you're doing something different to make that happen, then kudos to you. Otherwise, it might just be one of those things that will eventually change.

The drops were pretty nice, with a pretty good variety of different types of corals. I personally would like to see more types of corals - I don't recall many toadstools, lobos, trachys, leathers, and so on. Lots of representation amongst the more popular corals - acans, acros, zoas, chalices, euphyllia, especially - but not too many outside of the main types. I also would've liked to see more variety between the acros and zoas especially. There especially were not many montipora and seriatopora corals in the live sale. That might (probably is) a function of what you have available in your farm, so there might not be too much you can do about it in the short term.

One thing I really like is that you didn't really have any single-coral, "Wow, look how amazing this one is!" drops. WWC will sometimes do that for their high-dollar acros, and I'm always slightly annoyed when that's the update. I have no interest in paying more than $200 for a single coral, so it's always irritating to me when a drop comes and that's the only thing you can look at. So I really appreciate that your drops never really fell into that pattern - there was never any drop where I just looked at it and said, "Yeah, I have no interest in anything here."

Especially with acros, mother-colony shots accompanying the frags would be nice, especially for higher-dollar frags. The way a fully-grown acro colony looks is completely different to a small frag, and it would be nice to have an idea of what it may look like when fully grown out.

Finally, it would be nice to have more selection available in the lower-dollar corals - $1 and $5 corals, but also in the $10-$20 range. Of course, that's just speaking as a consumer. I understand if it doesn't really make a lot of economic sense to stock too many corals that you can let go at that price. At the end of the day you have to pay the bills or we wouldn't be able to buy any corals from you. I personally sell to hundreds of business owners and as they are always more than happy to tell me, you have to keep a constant eye on your overall profitability if you want to be able to keep doing what you're doing.

And for praise:

You have a ton of great color morphs of many different corals. Most of the prices on most of your corals are priced fairly and affordably, and the fewer higher-dollar corals are justified. Even among your higher-dollar corals, the pricing isn't outrageous. You do great at pertinent and helpful feedback during the sale, and the random coupon codes, giveaways and price drops throughout the sale are appreciated. Overall a great experience, and I had to stretch to come up with any legitimate criticisms.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back