****LRO CYBER MONDAY FLASH SALE!!!!!!! 800+ Corals up to 80% OFF! $1, $5, $10 Corals!!!****

steveschuerger

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I kill Zoas. Like a champ! Black Belt Zoa Destroyer!
Same. Officially a Zoa serial killer.
1669220837384.gif

Mschmidt

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Oh they get pretty big! I thought they were small sized. I’ve seen them sold in little cups
My biggest is probably 4" sits right on the front glass. Tanks a 40b. It's a little curled up here but front and center.
IMG_20221121_194911254.jpg

LeannaBanana

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Are rock flower anemones hard to keep?

They're one of my FAVs! Super easy in my experience, though introducing them to the tank can be a pain. (Turn off all lights, all flow, and give them time to attach -- it stresses me out lol) Three of mine hang out together near the front of the tank where I can see/enjoy them. Two others decided to stroll to the side of the tank and hang out in the very back corner lol. I can see them if you REALLY look, but they're happy and thriving so all good!

Mschmidt

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
They're one of my FAVs! Super easy in my experience, though introducing them to the tank can be a pain. (Turn off all lights, all flow, and give them time to attach -- it stresses me out lol) Three of mine hang out together near the front of the tank where I can see/enjoy them. Two others decided to stroll to the side of the tank and hang out in the very back corner lol. I can see them if you REALLY look, but they're happy and thriving so all good!
I didn't do any of that. I may have had the lights out, but held them cupped in my hand to where I wanted them and kind of caged them there till they rooted. two have since moved themselves. one goes back and forth.

LeannaBanana

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I didn't do any of that. I may have had the lights out, but held them cupped in my hand to where I wanted them and kind of caged them there till they rooted. two have since moved themselves. one goes back and forth.

Oh gosh, that sounds like a dream. Two of mine were extra extra and decided they didn't want to stick to anything and just float around the tank. I had the flow off for a couple of hours stirring gently with a spoon every so often. :face-with-tears-of-joy: They did eventually stick their foot/feet down and attach, though!

Mschmidt

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Oh gosh, that sounds like a dream. Two of mine were extra extra and decided they didn't want to stick to anything and just float around the tank. I had the flow off for a couple of hours stirring gently with a spoon every so often. :face-with-tears-of-joy: They did eventually stick their foot/feet down and attach, though!
I also have underpowered powerheads (until the brs order arrives) so nothing gets blasted too badly.

tbrown3589

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Is 3 a goni? Its super cool. How does the colony grow, the body looks like a little ball so dont know how a colony will look like
It is. There's a couple of varieties of Gonis: short fat lashes, long skinny lashes, and short tentacles are the main ones I see. Sometimes they get along with each other, other times they don't.
@Living Reef Orlando Ann, you should call that the LRO Frosted Goni!
1669229411695.png

Have you bred fish in your tanks?

• I have bred saltwater fish

Votes: 37 13.2%
  • I have bred freshwater fish

Votes: 119 42.3%
  • Not yet, but I am interested in breeding fish

Votes: 66 23.5%
  • I think it is an interesting idea, but not my thing

Votes: 65 23.1%
  • I am not interested in breeding fish

Votes: 43 15.3%