LRO Red, White, and BOOM!! LIVE SALE!!! FREE PRIZES!!! AMAZING CORALS!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ONE more thing!! I would love to hear some feedback from you guys.

What would you change about the sale?
Do you prefer random or evenly spaced drops?
Lots of coral at a time or small amounts spread through the hour?
How was the selection and what would everyone like to see on the next sale?
The 15 minute intervals seemingly worked well all around. I would like to see an occasional couple sprinkles in between those too. The bigger timed drops usually equals less “coffee talk”. Most of the friends I’ve made on the forum have come from conversations that started in the sale threads.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! What MPs do you run?!? Debating on two 60s or 4 40s for the 125 sps build!!!
2 40s and added a gyre not long ago. With a pie shaped tank it’s hard to run the 2- 40s over 50% and not get sand blowing out of the front corners. The gyre was added due to the torch growth and needing a little extra water churn without dialing up the 40s.
With a 125 I would definitely go 4-40s for more flexibility of mounting to achieve the desired flow effect. I think even with 2-60s you’ll end up adding another “pump” fairly quickly, especially once your sticks start to grow.
Should be plenty of 6 footers in the build threads to see what they’re using after the corals have matured.

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 40s and added a gyre not long ago. With a pie shaped tank it’s hard to run the 2- 40s over 50% and not get sand blowing out of the front corners. The gyre was added due to the torch growth and needing a little extra water churn without dialing up the 40s.
With a 125 I would definitely go 4-40s for more flexibility of mounting to achieve the desired flow effect. I think even with 2-60s you’ll end up adding another “pump” fairly quickly, especially once your sticks start to grow.
Should be plenty of 6 footers in the build threads to see what they’re using after the corals have matured.
Problem is it’s not your standard 125. It’s only a 5 footer. The footprint is 5x2 and it’s only 20 inches tall. Went for a wider floor plan over head space lol. But I see all the space in your tank so that’s why I ask. Plus it will be bare bottom so sand won’t be an issue. I would go with a twin gyre setup as the amount of flow they create is actually ideal and running reverse gyre with a time gap creates awesome little eddies across the tank that completely randomize flow. Only problem? The amount of maintenance required to keep gyres running optimally drives me nuts!!! The ability to have multiple wet sides for a quick swap instead of all the work that goes into swapping gyre blades and housings seems awesome. But thanks for the tips!

Ssattar88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ONE more thing!! I would love to hear some feedback from you guys.

What would you change about the sale?
Do you prefer random or evenly spaced drops?
Lots of coral at a time or small amounts spread through the hour?
How was the selection and what would everyone like to see on the next sale?
I think the timing and pieces were perfect. The sale went on exactly how you explained it and the anticipation of the hunt made it even more fun! I wouldn’t have changed anything you and your team as always do amazing!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the 15 min drop pacing, but would also appreciate some random prizes/drops/contests throughout. Otherwise it's pretty dead between drops.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem is it’s not your standard 125. It’s only a 5 footer. The footprint is 5x2 and it’s only 20 inches tall. Went for a wider floor plan over head space lol. But I see all the space in your tank so that’s why I ask. Plus it will be bare bottom so sand won’t be an issue. I would go with a twin gyre setup as the amount of flow they create is actually ideal and running reverse gyre with a time gap creates awesome little eddies across the tank that completely randomize flow. Only problem? The amount of maintenance required to keep gyres running optimally drives me nuts!!! The ability to have multiple wet sides for a quick swap instead of all the work that goes into swapping gyre blades and housings seems awesome. But thanks for the tips!
I’d prefer the 5x2 “floor plan” too. The flexibility of 4-40s compared to 2-60s would still win over in my book. Plus the preowned market is full of 40s for great prices. *A few MJ1200s on timers has worked for decades too! ;)*

Grey Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a few purchases during the sale but forgot to post a full tank shot for the giveaway. Am I to late to receive the additional drawing spot?

Ssattar88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have the contest winners been released? Didn't see it, but just didn't want to be the guy that missed it...
Not yet I just spoke to Ann when I was in the store she’s super busy getting shipments out give her a few more days she said she will get to the winners it’s a lot of sale she has goes through

Ssattar88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My haul from the sale In my tank I got a total of 8 frags

78A01FC2-C924-4090-AACA-6DA48F526278.jpeg 469AEA0B-8E6E-4B98-A584-D0FEDB66F4D0.jpeg 06DBE508-EBC9-4A92-9B7D-456EF89CE949.jpeg 2E78C97D-81C6-4920-8079-06EDBBFA6E8B.jpeg

OP
OP
Living Reef Orlando

Living Reef Orlando

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What I looked at ALL DAY TODAY, this was only just a fraction of today’s orders. I hope you guys that selected delivery for tomorrow enjoy your new goodies!!! Tracking should be in your emails, if anyone has any questions, please feel free to reach out!
84F71906-67F1-4F25-B17E-70DDCE990919.jpeg

Ksulli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I looked at ALL DAY TODAY, this was only just a fraction of today’s orders. I hope you guys that selected delivery for tomorrow enjoy your new goodies!!! Tracking should be in your emails, if anyone has any questions, please feel free to reach out!
84F71906-67F1-4F25-B17E-70DDCE990919.jpeg
Love it, I'm sure one of those are mine. Cant wait for tomorrow. 2 torches, 2 gonis, a blasto, and a duncan will be going in my tank.

Ssattar88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a nice piece as well. Cant go wrong with either.
It looks soo sick and all my corals opened up in less than an hour of being put into my tank! Super healthy and amazing pieces from LRO

Ksulli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks soo sick and all my corals opened up in less than an hour of being put into my tank! Super healthy and amazing pieces from LRO
That is so awesome, it was may first time shopping with them but it was a great experience and I have added LRO to my short list of online coral shops. Not sure when i will be in florida next, but when I am, I'm making a side trip into the shop.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.7%
Back