LRO Spring Forward LIVE SALE- AFTER SALE GOING ON NOW!!! HEAVY DISCOUNTS!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

nursebran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone following this thread ... So, like I said, previously (recap)... I got GSP and wanted to discuss later because I knew I couldn’t be on here long (that day.)
?s/Comments...
I ordered a GSP, and I got 2 free frags.
1 of my free/win frags (I’m pretty sure is a zoa - not sure of specific name. 1st picture— Do you agree? Anyone know the name? I thought I would look going back through the sell to see if I could figure it out... anyway, any help to ID or confirm?Name? 1st pic...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 72

nursebran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other 2 I’m really confused about... they both can look so different... in different light, and different times in the day.... which 1 is my GSP?
When I first got the frags in, I had no clue.... tbh... the green hairy mushroom looked the most like the GSP I had seen in pics and in stores. But, I knew it was the mushroom. Down to 2 options...
I’ll look to see if I can show how different they look at different times...
right now I think it’s this 1....Agree?
When, it arrived it looked like a row of purple flowers with a neon green dot in the center (my guess: the polyps were closed and I had never seen 1 closed before. Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve ever seen 1 small/frag plug size, before.) Is this correct? Thoughts? ID help?
Picture A:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 67

ChunkyMunky Pengopus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other 2 I’m really confused about... they both can look so different... in different light, and different times in the day.... which 1 is my GSP?
When I first got the frags in, I had no clue.... tbh... the green hairy mushroom looked the most like the GSP I had seen in pics and in stores. But, I knew it was the mushroom. Down to 2 options...
When, it arrived it looked like a row of purple flowers with a neon green dot in the center (my guess: the polyps were closed and I had never seen 1 closed before. Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve ever seen 1 small/frag plug size, before.) Is this correct? Thoughts? ID help?
Picture A:
I have both a purple and white based GSP. I think it's just a different variety, still GSP

nursebran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GSP? If not, what is it? I thought Goni? I’m really unsure of this 1. It looked like 3 purple nubs when I 1st got it. I figured, this 1 hasn’t opened. Anyway, it’s gotten bigger and more shoots/stalks (don’t know the correct term) everyday since. It’s totally morphing daily. The little flower heads are opening now, they are neon green. Anyway, this 1 and previous pic are the only ones that I received that look nothing like the GSP picture.... not, that anything’s wrong with either, I’m just unsure of what I’m looking at. Both, appear healthy and perk up (get more beautiful) everyday. So, here’s picture B...
GSP? Or, ID help?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 67

bday1335

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GSP? If not, what is it? I thought Goni? I’m really unsure of this 1. It looked like 3 purple nubs when I 1st got it. I figured, this 1 hasn’t opened. Anyway, it’s gotten bigger and more shoots/stalks (don’t know the correct term) everyday since. It’s totally morphing daily. The little flower heads are opening now, they are neon green. Anyway, this 1 and previous pic are the only ones that I received that look nothing like the GSP picture.... not, that anything’s wrong with either, I’m just unsure of what I’m looking at. Both, appear healthy and perk up (get more beautiful) everyday. So, here’s picture B...
GSP? Or, ID help?
Those look like clove polyps!

nursebran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both a purple and white based GSP. I think it's just a different variety, still GSP
Thx. Today, is the 1st day the neon dot (center part of the purple flower) has opened. It looks more like the “green star” that you see in the bigger/older ones. More of what a newbie would be expecting/looking for. I’m amazed at how different they can look. I take it, they close at night/ dim light? Thx, for your help. Still learning, that’s for sure

nursebran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Thx
Oh my gosh! I just realized ... I’m pretty sure.... I think it was the free frag I won from LRO! It’s a firework Clove polyp!!! Yay! Thank you! I just couldn’t tell yet! This is so awesome! I was wanting one from their live sell, but they sold out before I could get 1. Great news! Thanks, again!

CoralScape123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture A:
Yep that's GSP alright. There's different types, minty green, metallic green, neon, and a bunch that just doesn't have names. They all have the same care basically and grow fast. The only thing that matters is if you like them or not.

nursebran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210312_223941.jpg
20210312_223904.jpg

They looked like squishy slime balls when I got them today, but man they look pretty in the tank :)

*update: the blue one didn't like his rock and fell on its face.
20210312_230449.jpg
Oh no!
Yep that's GSP alright. There's different types, minty green, metallic green, neon, and a bunch that just doesn't have names. They all have the same care basically and grow fast. The only thing that matters is if you like them or not.
So far... I’m liking it more each day. I had some corals before the sell. They are doing pretty good, just SLOW to grow. There was too much blah space, drab, needed more color. I’ve read so much about invasive species, that I’m ready for one.lol It would be nice to see something go on. But, I’m notorious for getting carried away. I think I over did it but, too late now! I’m the nut that can’t get pulsing Xenia to grow. But, anytime I panic, I start doing a water change. I’m pretty sure the water company wonders where my in ground/Olympic sized pool is!

nursebran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost my place/ in the comments ... Your rock flower anemone is beautiful! Is the top picture 1, and bottom was the 1 than fell off? I guess (as a long as it isn’t attached) you can move it/ try again. Mine did something similar, only I was blindly chasing it around my tank. I thought I’d give up, because I was about to give my yellow tang a heart attack. That’s when it landed on the backside. It’s laying there beautifully, but I can’t see anything from the front. It stuck like hot bubble gum to pavement. It’s there to stay.
At least it was in the front/where you can grab it. I wasn’t ready for picking it up and putting it down. The consistency/texture isn’t what I thought it would feel like. It was like slime, and with gloves on!!! Wow! Super slick! I went from struggling to grab it, could hardly hold it ... to trying to catch a moving ball of slime.... to scared, I didn’t want to squish it! Totally weird! But, they sure are pretty, when they get settled in! Keep us posted! Good luck! They seem to be quite resilient, just picky!lol

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210312_223941.jpg
20210312_223904.jpg

They looked like squishy slime balls when I got them today, but man they look pretty in the tank :)

*update: the blue one didn't like his rock and fell on its face.
20210312_230449.jpg
If he’s still acting unsettled you can take a long piece of plastic pipe and drop him onto the rock, leaving the pipe around him long enough for him to grab hold. They sometimes don’t want to grab if the flow is hitting them (even if it’s low flow). They are so beautiful btw!!!

nursebran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he’s still acting unsettled you can take a long piece of plastic pipe and drop him onto the rock, leaving the pipe around him long enough for him to grab hold. They sometimes don’t want to grab if the flow is hitting them (even if it’s low flow). They are so beautiful btw!!!
Wow! That is a great idea! I wish I had thought of that! I’ve seen something similar to try to make clownfish host an anemone. I wish I had known... It would have kept me out of the tank, and would have helped (to reach) to place it on the rock. I could have stood in the front and been able to see what I was doing. Great idea! If I get another one, that’s what I’ll do, next time!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back