LRS Fish Frenzy Frozen Food

cmkeen0113

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Royal Gramma in a QT that is a pretty picky eater. I had been feeding him frozen Marine Cuisine, however he only eats part of it. I also don't care for it that much because it is full of shells. I had read that LRS de-shells all their seafood by hand before making the various blends. So I bought some Fish Frenzy from my LFS. My Royal Gramma loves it, and I have yet to see any shells in it. It is a little pricey, but I think it will be worth it until I decide to jump into making my own food. Once I get some corals in my tank, I will be trying their Reef Frenzy blend. Anyone else out there have positive success with LRS foods?

DStaelens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had great success with it. Reef Frenzy and Masstick from EasyReefs are the only thing my Copperband will eat.

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LRS Reef Frenzy “Nano” here. Everyone loves it. I feed lightly 2X daily defrosted in tank water with live Phytoplankton and Reef Chili. I make 2 days worth at a time and keep it in a jar in the fridge.

EakTheFreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s the best food I’ve ever used. Every fish loves it including my CBB who is the pickiest eater. I get the containers and then cut them into cube sized pieces and freeze them. Normally will feed that and sub in some live/frozen clams that I put in a meat grinder I purchased from Amazon that makes them bite size!

Nutrition is everything for our fishes. I also sub in some white worms a few times a week. Have 4 cultures going at all times.

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it and recommend it. Herbivore frenzy is my usual.
Rod’s fish food is very good as well, and imo good to change it up some as nature would

OP
OP
cmkeen0113

cmkeen0113

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s the best food I’ve ever used. Every fish loves it including my CBB who is the pickiest eater. I get the containers and then cut them into cube sized pieces and freeze them. Normally will feed that and sub in some live/frozen clams that I put in a meat grinder I purchased from Amazon that makes them bite size!

Nutrition is everything for our fishes. I also sub in some white worms a few times a week. Have 4 cultures going at all times.
I have seen a number of people mention the benefits of feeding white worms. Where do you get yours from?

EakTheFreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen a number of people mention the benefits of feeding white worms. Where do you get yours from?
I actually ordered them from EBAY. The sellers name was Diem1174 and I ordered (2) 4+ Ounces WHITE WORMS. They are about $15.00 each. They ship and then you just need to have containers and lids which you create holes in.

You then can use potting soil, sterilize it in the microwave for 4 minutes than add water to the soil to make it damp.

I feed the worms every 3 days whole wheat bread with full fat probiotic yogurt and nutritional yeast on the yogurt over the bread.

It’s amazing the color difference and activity you will see in your fish once you start supplementing these into their diet.

I believe it was what made my clownfish pair up!

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually ordered them from EBAY. The sellers name was Diem1174 and I ordered (2) 4+ Ounces WHITE WORMS. They are about $15.00 each. They ship and then you just need to have containers and lids which you create holes in.

You then can use potting soil, sterilize it in the microwave for 4 minutes than add water to the soil to make it damp.

I feed the worms every 3 days whole wheat bread with full fat probiotic yogurt and nutritional yeast on the yogurt over the bread.

It’s amazing the color difference and activity you will see in your fish once you start supplementing these into their diet.

I believe it was what made my clownfish pair up!
Does this make more worms, or does this just keep them alive till you order more?

EakTheFreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this make more worms, or does this just keep them alive till you order more?
Makes ton more worms!! Like insane amounts. Then the cultures actually get to big and you just suck out worms with water Turkey Baster and start a new colony!

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very positive experience with LRS with some finicky fish as well.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for the positive feedback! Our team has been working diligently since the pandemic hit last Spring. With everyone stuck at home retailers report a huge surge of new people coming into the hobby, as well as current hobbyists upgrading and adding new aquariums. This has resulted in an unprecedented demand for frozen food and our team has scaled up production while maintaining the quality we are known for. We appreciate all of our customers and your continued support of LRS Foods. We're now servicing 500+ retailers in nine countries and our shipping days are pretty exhausting!

Shipping day Jan.jpg Shipping day 2 Jan.jpg

OP
OP
cmkeen0113

cmkeen0113

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After using Fish Frenzy for 2 weeks now. my only questionable comment is that many of the shrimp, scallop and fish pieces are much too large for small and medium fish. My Tomini Tang and Starry Blenny can eat these pieces, but not my clowns and Royal Gramma. I wish LRS could make the mixture pieces a little smaller in size.

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After using Fish Frenzy for 2 weeks now. my only questionable comment is that many of the shrimp, scallop and fish pieces are much too large for small and medium fish. My Tomini Tang and Starry Blenny can eat these pieces, but not my clowns and Royal Gramma. I wish LRS could make the mixture pieces a little smaller in size.
They do--it's got the word Nano at the end of it. See post #4 in this thread.

Reef Frenzy Nano user here---love it as do my fish.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do--it's got the word Nano at the end of it. See post #4 in this thread.

Reef Frenzy Nano user here---love it as do my fish.

I use nano and regular, my bigger fish get the bigger chunks, my small fish get the smaller bits. Love both

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am such a LRS snob that when the LFS shut down that I got it from I had to find it online. The shipping sucks but it’s worth it still for my pets. Probably one of the best Scoly foods out mine got huge in it. What really stinks is that it is made about 5 hours away from me and I have to order it from out of state! Like I said worth it!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back