LRS Foods Ongoing Video Thread

Discussion in 'LRS Frenzy Foods' started by ReefFrenzy, Feb 21, 2018.

1. ReefFrenzy

ReefFrenzy Shrimp Pimp R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Hello friends on Reef2Reef!

I was looking for an older video to show someone the other day when I stumbled upon the LRS Youtube channel. I haven't had much time to upload any videos in a few months, nor promote the channel but I wanted to share a few of the cooler videos in this thread. I'll link videos over the next few days with a little info about each one.

We first visited the University if Florida's Tropical Aquaculture Laboratory in 2015 when we began to provide them with food for some of their captive breeding projects. They have had a few successes most notably the Melanurus Wrasse and Blue Tangs. In this video my wife is hand feeding a holding tank containing beautiful Emperor Angelfish.

Here is a blog post about the wrasse breeding effort with great photos:

http://risingtideconservation.blogspot.com/2015/04/breaking-internet-check-out-our-wrasses.html

I'm pretty sure everyone has heard about the Blue Tang success, but the wrasse breeding project was pretty cool too.

Enjoy!

Tags:

2. ReefFrenzy

I'm spending Saturday night chilling out in front of the TV while browsing R2R on my laptop so I figured I would drop another video. This one is more lighthearted and fun. When I told folks I was getting the LRS trademark tattoo they said I was bluffing well here you can see it as it was posted to Facebook!

DisVillain likes this.
  3. ReefFrenzy

We were fortunate enough to be granted an unclose and personal look at a Giant Pacific Octopus during our visit to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Nebraska.

4. ReefFrenzy

This video was so much fun to produce with our friend Mark Callahan AKA "Mr. Saltwater Tank." Get an up close and personal look at the family and process behind creating the "Frenzy!"

5. ReefFrenzy

In this video my son was able to take a swim in Bill Wann's 20,000 home reef aquarium. He took a pack of LRS down with him and as you can tell the fish loved it!

Sea MunnKey and dricc like this.
  6. ReefFrenzy

This video has an older version of our Fertility Frenzy® package label but the feeding results are the same. It has become very popular to "stick" our food on the glass or better yet place it frozen in an algae clip.

misspurl and NowGlazeIT like this.
  7. ReefFrenzy

LRS is proud to provide foods to several of the Scheels department stores across the USA. In this video I take a swim in a 16,000 gallon aquarium inside the Sandy, Utah location. Over the next few months the maintenance company kept detailed logs of the feeding schedule and noted that LRS helped improve the condition and weight of many of the Tangs seen in this video.

8. ReefFrenzy

This is a combination feeding demo and promotional video featuring the song "Reef Frenzy Blues" as performed and recorded by my good friend and neighbor. There is a very diverse group of finicky fish, including seahorses that can be seen chowing down on LRS.

9. ReefFrenzy

At LRS we are always innovating and listening to customer feedback. In June of 2016 we modified our popular Fish Frenzy® blend by adding farm raised, biosecure polychaete worms. So in addition to fresh blackworms and LRS Fish Eggs the recipe was boosted with polychaete worms. This blend has since grown to become one of our most popular and is a "go to" for acclimating finicky new arrivals.

Be sure and check out our PODCAST at ReefFrenzyRadio.com!

10. ReefFrenzy

This video is from MACNA 2015 and we never could have imagined that over the next three years Fertility Frenzy® would be named as a contributing factor in a dozen captive breeding projects. This food has rapidly become a staple food used in aquaculture facilities, university studies, and public aquariums in the USA. With higher levels of beneficial fats, protein and probiotics it directly contributes to better egg quality and larval development. You can read about these and learn more about the facilities using LRS on this page: http://www.larrysreefservices.com/testimonials.html

11. ReefFrenzy

This is what 300+ baby clownfish look like chowing down on Fertility Frenzy®!

HolisticBear, DisVillain and Tobbe like this.
  12. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Photo of the Month Award R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Cyber Monday Sponsor

Love the videos!

13. alton

alton Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

The large Rubbermaid tub full of Imperator Angelfish was amazing!!!

14. iced98lx

iced98lx Chris R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Awesome Video's Larry! My go to food for the tank and it shows with fat fish.

ReefFrenzy likes this.
  15. Donna Peveto

Donna Peveto Active Member

Awesome

ReefFrenzy likes this.
  16. ReefFrenzy

Thanks and I am glad your fish are happy!

Draft saved Draft deleted