Lrs frozen or Rods frozen exclusively

rtague

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone feed either of these foods exclusively?, seems like Lrs has everything you fish could possibly need.

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my tank rods, I got a sample at aquashella, and my corals and fish loved it, so I got it. :)

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So nothing else,no pellets,nothing
The only time I’d feed pellets was when I went on vacation and it went in the auto feeder. I don’t know if I’d say only LRS is ideal though since I had several tangs and they preferred it over nori. I’d put a sheet in in the morning and it would get a couple nibbles but by evening I’d end up taking it out.

ghostman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed LRS exclusively, except for nori sheets. LRS has a good assortment of chuck sizes, so all my fish love tearing it up.

Phil85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only time I’d feed pellets was when I went on vacation and it went in the auto feeder. I don’t know if I’d say only LRS is ideal though since I had several tangs and they preferred it over nori. I’d put a sheet in in the morning and it would get a couple nibbles but by evening I’d end up taking it out.
Are you certain that all the fish eat the pellets? My experience is that when new foods are introduced, it can take a bit for them to actually eat it...as opposed to it being in the rotation they're used to.

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you certain that all the fish eat the pellets? My experience is that when new foods are introduced, it can take a bit for them to actually eat it...as opposed to it being in the rotation they're used to.
No. Healthy fish can go quite a while without food. I’ve never lost a fish while on vacation but that’s not a guarantee that they all eat.

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LRS reef frenzy, and nori. Pellets when I am away for more than a weekend. Some fosh need to start off with more specialized foods, but I try to train them all on lrs before they go into the DT.

rogersb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LRS and either regular mysis or PE. My tank is LPS and zoa focused and I'm convinced having the extra bits floating around helps feed them where as pellets are eaten by the fish and give nothing to the corals.

Ben9524

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I generally use HBH/Pisces Pros African Cichlid Attack(pellets) but when I'm not using that I always use LRS. I usually use the African Cichlid Attack because of the price, it's pretty cheap for how much you get and the quality it has.

Here's a few links if you'd like to check out both:
LRS at => premiumaquatics.com
Pisces Pros at => Amazon.com

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use as wide a variety as I can find. Take 6 or 7 types of dry food and mix them up. Also feed about 8 different frozen foods.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feed a wide variety of foods. Please know that both Rod’s and LRS have a wide assortments of frozen foods that most of us never see even at a good LFS.

Cment

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I alternate b/w Rods and LRS which I feed once a day. I auto feed a mix of pellets/flake/reef roids 2 times a day. I dont have any tangs or Id add nori once a day

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I alternate b/w Rods and LRS which I feed once a day. I auto feed a mix of pellets/flake/reef roids 2 times a day. I dont have any tangs or Id add nori once a day

What auto feeder are you using?

Back