OP
lubeck

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some goodies coming on Tuesday. Can’t wait.
0A8C745A-F873-4788-8B66-707B1BEAA7EF.jpeg
8FD34700-322F-4639-B864-9F827C2BB3DC.jpeg

OP
OP
lubeck

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed my polyps weren’t out today so I tested. Didn’t really see anything that was off. My cheato did die out but I think that was due to me smothering it with some carbon for 4 days.

alk 8.4
cal 444
mag 1350
trate 7.2
phos .07

ended up cleaning out the back chambers. 5 gal Water charge done two days early.

wpeterson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing your build, always good to see folks getting deep with apex and lighting on an AIO tank.

I’m curious how you’re long term nutrient export shakes out. I’m trying to use just carbon and chaeto with strong lighting in our refugium for our Biocube 32. Still running stock lighting but planning to switch to a Kessil A360 soon.

OP
OP
lubeck

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing your build, always good to see folks getting deep with apex and lighting on an AIO tank.

I’m curious how you’re long term nutrient export shakes out. I’m trying to use just carbon and chaeto with strong lighting in our refugium for our Biocube 32. Still running stock lighting but planning to switch to a Kessil A360 soon.
Thanks. I’m very happy with the light upgrade. I’m feeding 3-5 times a day and I was surprised my cheato died. Not sure if I killed it though from placing carbon on top For a few days. I hope that was the issue because I need the pods because I have a mandarin goby.

the weekly water changes have been working for Now But we will see how the sps respond long term.

Trorie8

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I switched to the a360x on mine i need to do an updated build thread on my tank mine and lubeck are pretty much similar builds. I went lps dominant on my tank though.

wpeterson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I’m very happy with the light upgrade. I’m feeding 3-5 times a day and I was surprised my cheato died. Not sure if I killed it though from placing carbon on top For a few days. I hope that was the issue because I need the pods because I have a mandarin goby.

the weekly water changes have been working for Now But we will see how the sps respond long term.

I’m currently running the Innovative Marine refugium light (9w) and carbon in my second chamber of my biocube. It grows chaeto well, though it does burn chaeto placed directly in front of the light (bleached white) so I’ve separated it on either side.

I had hoped to get away with a large monthly water change, but I think I’m going to do a 10 gallon change every two weeks instead.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May I ask why in the world did I not get notified when new posts were being posted in this build. tank looking great.

OP
OP
lubeck

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently running the Innovative Marine refugium light (9w) and carbon in my second chamber of my biocube. It grows chaeto well, though it does burn chaeto placed directly in front of the light (bleached white) so I’ve separated it on either side.

I had hoped to get away with a large monthly water change, but I think I’m going to do a 10 gallon change every two weeks instead.
that is what I’m doing regarding fuge light etc but I think my carbon will go in the first chamber.
do you have a build thread?

wpeterson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll get a build thread together. We’ve got very similar tank setups and started the same month.

It looks like you’re running the Coralife biocube skimmer. It does seem to actually work, though it’s such a small scale I wonder if it’s worth routing an external collection reservoir. Mine has been running for almost two months, but still produces a ton of micro bubbles. Have you experienced the micro bubbles? I’ve resorted to only running mine off hours.

I think the AIO sump design sacrificed a proper bubble trap in favor of allowing water flow at low water levels. Debating if I could raise the baffle in the third/return chamber to provide a better bubble trap.

OP
OP
lubeck

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll get a build thread together. We’ve got very similar tank setups and started the same month.

It looks like you’re running the Coralife biocube skimmer. It does seem to actually work, though it’s such a small scale I wonder if it’s worth routing an external collection reservoir. Mine has been running for almost two months, but still produces a ton of micro bubbles. Have you experienced the micro bubbles? I’ve resorted to only running mine off hours.

I think the AIO sump design sacrificed a proper bubble trap in favor of allowing water flow at low water levels. Debating if I could raise the baffle in the third/return chamber to provide a better bubble trap.
I couldn’t stand the bubbles so I removed the skimmer almost instantly. I’ve been running without a skimmer for over a month.
if my sps have issues and I can’t keep my nutrients under control with water changes then I will get a HOB.

Trorie8

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn’t stand the bubbles so I removed the skimmer almost instantly. I’ve been running without a skimmer for over a month.
if my sps have issues and I can’t keep my nutrients under control with water changes then I will get a HOB.
You'll love the aquamaxx!

OP
OP
lubeck

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to feed less this week 2-3x per day because I was feeding about 4-6 times per day medium amounts. I ended up testing and my nitrates dropped to 1.4 and phos down to .05. i immediately fed the tank 3x. Trates were 5.4 and phos .08 on Sunday

i added a new chunk of cheato that has gotten pretty big. I ended up shortening my fuge light to 12 hours

i also tested my alk and was glad to see the consumption has picked up again. Holding at 8.5 with dosing 12ml per day. It was 8.8 on Sunday.

Polyp extension is not great with most of the corals but feel that’s due to me screwing with my light settings and moving the corals around The last two weeks. Color is looking good except for one piece getting a little toasty from the light. Ended up moving him down to 250 par to see what happens.

Need to do a full mock up of my par measurements with the new light setting and leave it.

I will do some pics this weekend

OP
OP
lubeck

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some new toys today. Already setup and dosing 13ml each over 24 hours. water change , parameters check and pics tomorrow.
B2812AEB-10D6-4C72-83DA-69417EB891FB.jpeg

OP
OP
lubeck

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got around to measuring my par with my xr30 blues. I’m running the AB+ schedule At 68% schedule at 90% intensity.

pretty intense light. All pumps are on

B775AC02-9C5E-446D-B9B7-DAFFD3DDDD5B.jpeg

OP
OP
lubeck

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ran my numbers today Looks like I have my doser set correctly as the alk and calcium are pretty steady. My trates are too low and need to feed more

012D5412-5C19-4FBA-8BDF-9BA4A03D8220.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back