OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not bad but eventually I'll have to thin out the herd : ) I wish I could have them all on the rock strucures but just not possible right now.

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes indeed, the OP is growing so well for you and the colors are amazing!

Thanks Tim, the op is a fast grower! I'm hoping the wd does as well.

The cherry corals I picked up from you has coloured up amazing and is growing well, I need to take a pic

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, you are doing really well. I'm super jelly.

Care to briefly sum up some keys to your success?

Hey Bif, thx for the comment. I'm not doing anything special, just keeping my parameters in check. All my info is updated on the first page of the thread. If you have questions just let me know.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Corals look great!

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I replaced my diy skimmer this weekend with a old school vertex int180. Ofcourse i am using a dc4000 pulling 43schf of air at 30w. So far this dude is just tearing it up, i'm pretty impressed. It surprises me how everyone spends hundreds of dollars on a skimmer when in all honesty you can get a used body for 50-100 bux and get a pump for 100 or less. I have been doing the skimmer game for a LONG time and you don't have to spend alot. 24hrs skimmer production.

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hows everything going?

Tank is doing well. I cut 50 sps frags last weekend so just giving everything time to recover and grow now. I have a few sps I can cut and within a month the cut part has grown back completely, others take a few months to recover.

Other than that not a lot happening, the new skimmer is still consistently pulling out a ton, I may try some new powerheads here in the next month and I will also switch to fritz salt.

I've been really working hard at getting my frag tank to pull out the sps colors my display does but its just not happening. I have a 400w radium over it and some have responded well and growth is good but color is just blah.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Tank is doing well. I cut 50 sps frags last weekend so just giving everything time to recover and grow now. I have a few sps I can cut and within a month the cut part has grown back completely, others take a few months to recover.

Other than that not a lot happening, the new skimmer is still consistently pulling out a ton, I may try some new powerheads here in the next month and I will also switch to fritz salt.

I've been really working hard at getting my frag tank to pull out the sps colors my display does but its just not happening. I have a 400w radium over it and some have responded well and growth is good but color is just blah.

Glad to hear everything is good. Is it all the same system besides the different light? Have you ever thought about doing some comparison shots from like a couple months back till now. I have seen a couple in other threads and I think yours would look great. Seems with every photo update you are getting noticeable growth man!

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear everything is good. Is it all the same system besides the different light? Have you ever thought about doing some comparison shots from like a couple months back till now. I have seen a couple in other threads and I think yours would look great. Seems with every photo update you are getting noticeable growth man!

Yea, I do growth shots from time to time. It always surprises me when I do too. I have some in my previous pages. The frag tank is completely separate, the parameters are the same but its not connected. I plan on getting some frags of my main colonies in there growing so I always have a backup piece if anything happens. I'd like to get a larger frag system(36x24x12") but i'd probably get show if I brought that up!

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, everything has been growing well for the last few weeks, just wanted to update the thread. No pics right now, will probably wait for a while and maybe post some growth shots.

So my latest thoughts on the tank: My ati t5 fixture has went through 4 ballasts in two years and 3 have been in the past 6mths so its been a very frustrating year with that fixture. I'm really thinking about moving to two 32" reefbreeders photon v2's in place of the fixture. ATI hinted my issue was due to running two of the led tube's and that was the cause of the ballast problem, but in all honesty their help was well below par. Basically told me this never happens and this was unprecedented, then hinted it was the led tube's and never got back with me after that. I have never been to happy with the fixture as it came in damaged and I just don't believe it was ever in correct working order. So now I have to pull the led tube's and add in normal t5's and then I need to decide if I want to get bolt on led's or just get a new fixture.

The modified vertex int180 is producing rock solid results. I get a full collection cup of dark brown nog every 4-5 days, which leads me to the next issue. Stinch......and the wife.

My space under my tank is fully utilized so I now plan on a serious wire management exercise and pulling my dj strips outside my sump. I also have a rossmont wavemaker on its way to check out and hopefully it performs to my liking and then i'll replace all the dc powerheads with these small rossmont one's and that will help out greatly with wire management. I really like the dc pump's but the wiring is a pita. After I get that finished i'll be adding a waste collector for my skimmer if I have the room. This will hopefully control the sewage smell.

That's all I have for now

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try to get some this week. Everything has been growing very well here lately. I have been really disappointed with photobucket and trying to find a new host site, and it looks like R2R is going to be the best option for now.

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm due for an update, took some daylight pics tonight, really getting some good growth and color.

rinckemd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm due for an update, took some daylight pics tonight, really getting some good growth and color.

Not seeing those, gallery private still?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back