lumilite strip led 24" 50/50 and actinic blue

thefez510

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys i have a 20 gallon tank 24" x 12" x 16" i have softies and lps will having 2 lumilite strip led light (50/50 and a blue actinic)be good enough for those guys maybe even easy to take care sps? or do i need a stronger led light than that?

1616960745240.png

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good for low light softies only I would say, you might get to 100 par if your lucky. I would use 4 units.

OP
OP
T

thefez510

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good for low light softies only I would say, you might get to 100 par if your lucky. I would use 4 units.
thank you for replying appreciate it bro, so what light bar would you recommend as a standalone for softies and lps if you dont mind me asking?

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One high end led bar is equivalent to one t5 bulb give or tank. The lumilites are slightly weaker and is why I said you would want 4. You are going to want at least two of any led bar. The reef brite xho 50/50 and actinic would be good.

You could possibly get away with your two strips for low light coral.

OP
OP
T

thefez510

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One high end led bar is equivalent to one t5 bulb give or tank. The lumilites are slightly weaker and is why I said you would want 4. You are going to want at least two of any led bar. The reef brite xho 50/50 and actinic would be good.

You could possibly get away with your two strips for low light coral.
what is a good high end led bar? since i watch the brs group on youtube and i thought this was a high end led light which i guess is not lol. and i have a usa orbit but theyre not helping my hammer and my frogspawn to really grow. thanks again for replying to me brother i really do appreciate it

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is a good high end led bar? since i watch the brs group on youtube and i thought this was a high end led light which i guess is not lol. and i have a usa orbit but theyre not helping my hammer and my frogspawn to really grow. thanks again for replying to me brother i really do appreciate it

The reef brite lumi lite is a high end light for sure but its just not as powerful as others and the price reflects that. They are at the low end of the high end in terms of power.

The high ends are Reef Brite xho, Orphek and reef breeders. They are about as powerful as a single t5 bulb.

With your tank I would recommend a dual t5 fixture and your two led strips on the outsides. Much cheaper option than those bars above.

OP
OP
T

thefez510

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reef brite lumi lite is a high end light for sure but its just not as powerful as others and the price reflects that. They are at the low end of the high end in terms of power.

The high ends are Reef Brite xho, Orphek and reef breeders. They are about as powerful as a single t5 bulb.

With your tank I would recommend a dual t5 fixture and your two led strips on the outsides. Much cheaper option than those bars above.
got it thank you.

OP
OP
T

thefez510

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i just finished the video thanks brother but im confuse since they used 5 of those lights in a 60 gallon tank and i only have a 20 gallon will that work if i get 50/50 and a actinic for softies and lps?

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just finished the video thanks brother but im confuse since they used 5 of those lights in a 60 gallon tank and i only have a 20 gallon will that work if i get 50/50 and a actinic for softies and lps?
Well based on their findings 2 actinic and 1 50/50 would work. Since dimmable one might drop output.
5= 8 2.5= 4t5ho
Err on the dimmable high side :)

Ok need to add that not sure 3 strips fit 12".
Note the " usual" led weakness in reg blue to cyan and low green.
Not considering your "color" preference
There may be cheaper alternatives based on some of the above factors.
2actinics and a white will fill some of the weaknesses but again..look.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

thefez510

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well based on their findings 2 actinic and 1 50/50 would work. Since dimmable one might drop output.
5= 8 2.5= 4t5ho
Err on the dimmable high side :)
cool thanks bro i was hoping 2 would work but ill probably keep looking for other led reef bar any suggestions.

Back