OP
Luna Lagoona

Luna Lagoona

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is there to say... So much honestly!

I sold off a bunch of coral ... ya know what I am going to paste the description for this video I just wrote up.

"Decided to make this video public it's a very quick cellphone tour of the tank and the coral before I sold off almost all the coral thinking I was going to tear down the tank... Well we got hit by a MASSIVE Hurricane and I was without power for almost 4 days... During that time I babysat the tank round the clock and manually aerated the water etc. It was a very sketchy time. I sold the coral for a song, but honestly, if they had to live through that power outage I don't think many would have made it. The new owner had a BIG generator and spent nearly what I sold my coral for just in gas to keep his tank (500gal) running. Anyway, I might do a video on that later. I still have the tank and am trying to change up the philosophy of things a bit. Low maintenance, but I might switch to a coral-only tank so I can go away for a week at a time when the summer comes."

All that said it's still far from the whole story. I am going to try and make a more detailed post about things soon.

Below is a more accurate/up-to-date view of what I currently have on the go but even it is slightly out of date now.

MarcosTacos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the hurricane.

I too have had some bad luck with my 25 (dinos) and was forced to sell off most of my coral to prevent them from dying.

I also get the ''low mantenance'' thing. Its easy to let things get complicated and suddenly your tank needs way too much attention.

OP
OP
Luna Lagoona

Luna Lagoona

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just restarted my 25 lagoon again also, for some reason I can get away from it even after I have upgraded twice already.
It's a super popular form factor! Best of luck on your journey!

I really think that with a drilled sump or something, it would REALLY open things up. The lack of room for hardware really stifles things on top of the small water volume. But it's still JUST enough space to get some interesting stuff in there if you keep things smol.

misturrtinnie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah this time I’m copying Drew’s lagoon last update with a carbon reactor and protein skimmer on one side and then biological filter on the other. Hopefully I can keep it going for awhiles.

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I wonder how much it costs to add a euro brace to the top and bottom of that tank. That might be the way to go, if you want ultimate piece of mind.

Here is a video from tidal gardens about adding a euro brace to an existing tank.

OP
OP
Luna Lagoona

Luna Lagoona

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is still going! I have a big aptasia problem, so I added a bunch of Berghai Nudibranch in!

More details in the video. I had to return my melanarius wrasse to the lfs to keep the population safe.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back