Lymph?

MrwilliaMD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this swallowtail angel and about 2days after being in the tank he developed these spots. Eats fine swims around fine most of the time but will sometimes just swim stationary with his head towards the sand. No other fish showing symptoms
Screenshot_20211202-200438_Gallery.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this swallowtail angel and about 2days after being in the tank he developed these spots. Eats fine swims around fine most of the time but will sometimes just swim stationary with his head towards the sand. No other fish showing symptoms
Screenshot_20211202-200438_Gallery.jpg
That does look like Lymphocystis, but a pretty severe case that has come on pretty quickly. No treatment for that, but remember that in quarantined fish can possibly have multiple issues.
As long as the lymphocystis doesn’t get on its mouth and stop normal feeding, it will go away in 4 to 8 weeks.

Jay Hemdal

OP
OP
M

MrwilliaMD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does look like Lymphocystis, but a pretty severe case that has come on pretty quickly. No treatment for that, but remember that in quarantined fish can possibly have multiple issues.
As long as the lymphocystis doesn’t get on its mouth and stop normal feeding, it will go away in 4 to 8 weeks.

Jay Hemdal
Thank you for your reply. I am noticing more of a free swimming attitude from her so I think she is starting to feel a little better. I will boost fatty amino acids in the food and try to increase the frequency until its gone. Have a great weekend

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 81 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back