Lymph?

MrwilliaMD

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Picked up this swallowtail angel and about 2days after being in the tank he developed these spots. Eats fine swims around fine most of the time but will sometimes just swim stationary with his head towards the sand. No other fish showing symptoms
Screenshot_20211202-200438_Gallery.jpg

REEFTIDE

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Picked up this swallowtail angel and about 2days after being in the tank he developed these spots. Eats fine swims around fine most of the time but will sometimes just swim stationary with his head towards the sand. No other fish showing symptoms
Screenshot_20211202-200438_Gallery.jpg
That does look like Lymphocystis, but a pretty severe case that has come on pretty quickly. No treatment for that, but remember that in quarantined fish can possibly have multiple issues.
As long as the lymphocystis doesn’t get on its mouth and stop normal feeding, it will go away in 4 to 8 weeks.

Jay Hemdal

OP
M

MrwilliaMD

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
That does look like Lymphocystis, but a pretty severe case that has come on pretty quickly. No treatment for that, but remember that in quarantined fish can possibly have multiple issues.
As long as the lymphocystis doesn’t get on its mouth and stop normal feeding, it will go away in 4 to 8 weeks.

Jay Hemdal
Thank you for your reply. I am noticing more of a free swimming attitude from her so I think she is starting to feel a little better. I will boost fatty amino acids in the food and try to increase the frequency until its gone. Have a great weekend

Have you ever torn down a tank over an issue you couldn't seem to beat?

• Yes! I have. (Tell us about what issue you faced in the thread.)

Votes: 131 24.4%
  • No. Thankfully, I haven't.

Votes: 278 51.8%
  • Nope, but it almost happened. (Share your experience in the thread.)

Votes: 41 7.6%
  • Not yet, but I'm almost there. (Tell us what you're dealing with.)

Votes: 44 8.2%
  • If you reef long enough, this will eventually happen to you.

Votes: 35 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.5%
Motorcitycorals