Lympho?

kweigum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to see your opinions on this fish…. Curious if you think this is Lympho? Fairly new blue jaw to the system and a few days after adding he grew this little mass on if little dorsal fin…. Thought it was some sort of bacterial infection at first but now it’s kinda smaller in size and growing a couple little lumps in it….. sorry about the crappy pic. He’s still very shy when I walk in the room….
74F987C4-7D01-4935-86DA-8FD7AC2F1811.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to see your opinions on this fish…. Curious if you think this is Lympho? Fairly new blue jaw to the system and a few days after adding he grew this little mass on if little dorsal fin…. Thought it was some sort of bacterial infection at first but now it’s kinda smaller in size and growing a couple little lumps in it….. sorry about the crappy pic. He’s still very shy when I walk in the room….
74F987C4-7D01-4935-86DA-8FD7AC2F1811.jpeg

Really tough to see, the focus is soft and the blue cast makes it difficult to visualize.

Sometimes, a short video under white lights works better.

It doesn't look like Lymphocystis based on this photo though.....

Could it have been damaged by a net during transport to your tank?
How long has the spot been there?

Jay

OP
OP
K

kweigum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really tough to see, the focus is soft and the blue cast makes it difficult to visualize.

Sometimes, a short video under white lights works better.

It doesn't look like Lymphocystis based on this photo though.....

Could it have been damaged by a net during transport to your tank?
How long has the spot been there?

Jay
It has been there about a week now and is less fluffy looking now and almost kind of cauliflower looking…. I have had him roughly 2weeks. I received him and he was floating on his side and seemed to take a couple days to even be able to swim( guessing some swim bladder issues) I transported him with my hand so no net… but he did use that little fin to stabilize himself under my rockwork for 2 days until his bladder issue righted itself(thankfully!!) so he possibly could’ve injured it then. I ordered neoplex and metroplex last week just incase it got worse, and I need to isolate him but am kind of not wanting to move him as he is just getting used to me and the tank… was a stressful transition for the little guy

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3F915193-3CDF-4D29-B966-85F3C9CC5CF2.jpeg

That just doesn't look like Lymphocystis to me. What happens when it extends its dorsal spine? Is the spine itself white?

This looks more like an injury/secondary bacterial infection. But the way you describe it, it may be getting better.

Jay

OP
OP
K

kweigum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That just doesn't look like Lymphocystis to me. What happens when it extends its dorsal spine? Is the spine itself white?

This looks more like an injury/secondary bacterial infection. But the way you describe it, it may be getting better.

Jay
I haven’t seen it extended at all since it turned white…. But does look a bit better then it did last week! Really just trying to leave the little guy alone the best I can…. Sure hope it fixes itself… guessing just an injury from him using it on my rockwork…. Was the only way he could stay upright and keep from floating to the surface. He is eating great and swimming everywhere now..

Back