Lymphocystis, Internal Parasite, Flukes?

egwich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Background: I thought I had flukes a few weeks back. My one clown developed two white spots that looked like Flukes. I treated with Prazi for two treatments. The white spots disappeared and all seemed well. You can actually look at my previous post about it...no one responded here :(

Two days ago one of those spots showed up on my female clown, and my male clown was starting to seem a little lethargic. Hiding in a cave, which is very rare for him ( no spots though). My first thought is I did not treat my tank long enough with Prazi and the flukes have returned (my LFS agreed). It's been two days now since I treated with Prazi and the white spot on my female clown is gone. My male clown is still acting very odd and NOW has a big protrusion coming out of his middle stripe (see picture below - fish closest). My LFS thinks it's an internal parasite trying to find its way out of the fish. It looks a lot like Lymphocystis to me though which I read is not treatable and not fatal. It's possible I have all three going on.

Water is clean. 0 Nitrates, Ammonia, Nitrite, PH is 8.1, and salt levels 1.025. My only other two inhabitants are a Kole Tang and Royal Gramma who are acting completely normal.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Clown.jpg

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you done a FW dip to confirm the presence of flukes?

I doubt that is an intestinal parasite trying to come out. That is a new one to me...

OP
OP
E

egwich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you done a FW dip to confirm the presence of flukes?

I doubt that is an intestinal parasite trying to come out. That is a new one to me...

I have not. I honestly do not feel comfortable doing one. I feel like the stress may cause more harm than good. This particular fish with the protrusion had long stringy poop about three months ago but after some prazi in his food that went away.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back