Lymphocystis on CBB

BlakeStew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS has this Copperband in stock. Very healthy, actively swimming and eats when fed. Its been in their system for 2 weeks (copper and UV). Does the spot on the fin look like Lympho or could it be a nip mark that is healing back? Other than the white spot, it's a flawless specimen. No other spots at all. I know it's not Ich because none of the other fish in the system have it.
IMG_5506.jpeg

IMG_5507.jpeg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That appears to be Lymphocystis like. Usually it’s larger tuffs of “cauliflower-like” funk.
Fish looks good otherwise except probably stressing from that clowns territorial issues?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My LFS has this Copperband in stock. Very healthy, actively swimming and eats when fed. Its been in their system for 2 weeks (copper and UV). Does the spot on the fin look like Lympho or could it be a nip mark that is healing back? Other than the white spot, it's a flawless specimen. No other spots at all. I know it's not Ich because none of the other fish in the system have it.
IMG_5506.jpeg

IMG_5507.jpeg
Not unusual for these and large angels to get lympho. Generally lympho i triggered by either water quality or inadequate/poor diet.
Assure ammonia and nitrate are not elevated and what foods are you feeding it ?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From when I've watched it in the tank on different days there hasn't been any visible aggression. The LFS suspects a nip from the angel because when the CBB came in it did not have it on it.
That’s classic lymphocystis. It may spread before it gets better, but it won’t need treatment. That said, CBB can be tough to quarantine. I’d suggest you have the store feed it while you watch, make sure it has a good appetite.
Jay

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back