OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news! How's the Alkatronic treating you? Stunning tank! Any updates?

Hi! The alkatronic is great. Im abit allergic to sounds in general, but thats pretty much the only negative i have to say about it. Im gonna look into "silencing it". Im pretty sure its
resonance sound within the unit mostly.

My KH is kept stable between 8.1 and 8.28 for as long as i've had it. I concider it to be good, it can be finetuned for sure but aslong as i get a 0.2 or less swing per day i wont bother tinkering with it :)

kh value.png

Ill make sure to post a bigger update during the weekend. I know im horrible at updating my treads :p

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im really, really really bad at updating. And photographing apparently :) Recently i changed out my light from LED only to a hybrid solution. I went with the Giesemann Stellar which im really happy with. Really nice product and finish! Apart from that not much is happening, lost some acros due missmanagement and nutrient spike. Doses phosphate and went abit to hard. Aimed for about 0.05 over afew weeks from and instead I hit 0.12.

FTS

20190211_170322-01.jpeg

20190211_170335-01.jpeg

Im getting abit more time to attend the tank in the upcoming few months and my primary goals for that period is to manage my current problems:

* Aiptasia getting out of hand. Manual Aiptasia-X removal along with obtaining a copperbanded (which i will QT, train to eat prepped foods, and deworm)
* Color up corals. They are somewhat pale and i cant for the life of me figure out why. My tritons always comes back flawless. Im not overlighting them. My par messures around 250 - 300 at peak in the acro section.

One thing that can be relevant to coral coloration is organics in the water coloum. Im pretty sure im really low on them since im using a clarisea and my oversized skimmer is pretty idle most of the time. So i could feed abit more aminos and what not and see if i get a result! Any tips regarding coloring would be fantastic! :)

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank.

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

Since i set up the tank i've had a pretty rough time to get my bubble king supermarine 200 dialed in. I know its quite oversized so that contributes alot. Having a clarisea which takes most organics before the skimmer also is a huge factor probably starving the skimmer on DOC. So all fine there.

At the moment i have the following fish:

2 Snowflake clownfish
7 Lyretail anthias
1 Salarias
3 Tanks (all zebrasoma, small/medium)
1 hawkfish
3 wrasses
1 goby
1 mandarin goby

The majority of the fish is pretty small and will grow quite some over time. I concider this to be quite heavily stocked but i might be wrong? My nutrients are pretty much bottoming out if i dont overfeed and/or dose inorganic nutrients. I dont really know how much more i can stock? Currently i have two fish in QT. Copperbanded butterfly along with a gramma loreto. Bot quite sizeable for their species.

Would my stocklist be concidered high or can i keep stocking with additional fish (2-4 more depending on size)?

Something i also noticed is the fact that i have high ORP readings around 450 mV. When i change water it briefly drops to 350 mV but it climbs back up with in 24 hours. From some reaserch i've concluded that high orp is either a dirty probe (its not), bad calibration (might be) or low levels of dissolved organics (most likely). Any one that can confirm this?

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the start of the tank i've been quite unhappy with the scape. So after thinking alot about it i've decided to move over from live rock to marco rocks. Main reason for the choice is little to no organics in the rocks and they're easy to scape since they're dry. So far i've sent about a week or so on scaping, gluing, and whatnot to feel i got a scape i can be happy with for a long lifespan of the tank. Today ill be finishing the last of bounding and just making sure all the joints are solid.

The problem i now face is how do i replace rock in the tank without crashing it?

Sofar i've figured out afew options:

1. Let the rock run in bins for a week or two while seeding with bacteria and messureing. Unless something is completely off i can start replacing my current rock in about a week. The current live rock will be moved to the sump along with fragtank with the purpous of seeding the dead rock and keep filtration up as best as it can.

2. Let the rock run in bins for a week or two while seeding with bacteria and messureing. Place the new rock in the fragtank and sump for it to be seeded over a few weeks

I doubt anything will go terribly wrong if done properly. The main concern is to keep current live stock alive and not cause to big of a setback.

Any tips and ideas?

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on this one? Great build!

Uhm.. yes! But nothing good :/ Tank pretty much crashed in february. Dino overran the tank and has lead to the loss of atleast 2/3 of my SPS. All LPS is hanging in there. Tank is still in a critical condition even if im winning the battle and have removed my sand. Im debating on how i wanto proceed with it atm.

Im picking up a shallow system this weekend that will act as a temp tank while i most likely will reboot my reefer. If thats what i decide to do ill follow the WWC / BRS metod and let it cycle for atleast 3-4 months and ill probably go BB.

The events leading up to the crash was pretty much nutrient starvation of the system. In October 2018 i recived a triton result with 0 phosphorus. Never carbon dosed nor used GFO so no idea how its even possible with the amount if feed. Guess the biobas was growing alot and the feeding was insufficient.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uhm.. yes! But nothing good :/ Tank pretty much crashed in february. Dino overran the tank and has lead to the loss of atleast 2/3 of my SPS. All LPS is hanging in there. Tank is still in a critical condition even if im winning the battle and have removed my sand. Im debating on how i wanto proceed with it atm.

Im picking up a shallow system this weekend that will act as a temp tank while i most likely will reboot my reefer. If thats what i decide to do ill follow the WWC / BRS metod and let it cycle for atleast 3-4 months and ill probably go BB.

The events leading up to the crash was pretty much nutrient starvation of the system. In October 2018 i recived a triton result with 0 phosphorus. Never carbon dosed nor used GFO so no idea how its even possible with the amount if feed. Guess the biobas was growing alot and the feeding was insufficient.

Sorry to hear about the crashed tank. I've been reading all the threads on 625XXL tanks and just got to yours. Chin up and I hope I find you solving your issue.

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the crashed tank. I've been reading all the threads on 625XXL tanks and just got to yours. Chin up and I hope I find you solving your issue.

Its on its way back. Been quite the struggle but we're getting there! :)

Justin Thibodeaux

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im really, really really bad at updating. And photographing apparently :) Recently i changed out my light from LED only to a hybrid solution. I went with the Giesemann Stellar which im really happy with. Really nice product and finish! Apart from that not much is happening, lost some acros due missmanagement and nutrient spike. Doses phosphate and went abit to hard. Aimed for about 0.05 over afew weeks from and instead I hit 0.12.

FTS

20190211_170322-01.jpeg

20190211_170335-01.jpeg

Im getting abit more time to attend the tank in the upcoming few months and my primary goals for that period is to manage my current problems:

* Aiptasia getting out of hand. Manual Aiptasia-X removal along with obtaining a copperbanded (which i will QT, train to eat prepped foods, and deworm)
* Color up corals. They are somewhat pale and i cant for the life of me figure out why. My tritons always comes back flawless. Im not overlighting them. My par messures around 250 - 300 at peak in the acro section.

One thing that can be relevant to coral coloration is organics in the water coloum. Im pretty sure im really low on them since im using a clarisea and my oversized skimmer is pretty idle most of the time. So i could feed abit more aminos and what not and see if i get a result! Any tips regarding coloring would be fantastic! :)
What T5 combo are you running with your Radions? I'm in love with these colors. Also, what sand is this? I really like the color/grain size.

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What T5 combo are you running with your Radions? I'm in love with these colors. Also, what sand is this? I really like the color/grain size.
Im using two ati coral + and two ati blue+ at the moment, im debating to switch it up abit and throw in a actnic or purple+ replacing a coral+ =)

matthias_bln

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @m0jjen! Really enjoyed reading your thread (despite the ups and downs). I'm currently cycling my 625 and stumbled upon your thread when looking for stocklist ideas.

Any updates on what happened to your tank in the last 6 months? Any new photos?

Thanks and stay healthy!

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @m0jjen! Really enjoyed reading your thread (despite the ups and downs). I'm currently cycling my 625 and stumbled upon your thread when looking for stocklist ideas.

Any updates on what happened to your tank in the last 6 months? Any new photos?

Thanks and stay healthy!

Hi! Glad it came to use for someone!

I ended up replacing alot of rock and adding a UV along with removing the sand. The tank is doing okayish atm all corals are doing pretty decent. Dino long gone and all that. New thing on the block is aiptasia and loads of them. Have a copperbanded since 4 months but he's not really interested in eating them. Nudi's aren't really available in Sweden so i dont know whats the next step really. tried filefish but they seem to prefer my LPS (and even SPS).

Gonna move the tank in the summer and i guess i can do alot more updates then! =)

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long time no see! Been quite busy with home renovations, tank move and above all else, i started a growout system of myself!

received_201741614741352.jpeg

Since the summer i've moved my tank to a new room. The move went alot smoother than expected and just 1 fish was lost (it jumped out of the temporary tank). Everything is looking okayish today. Tank has been quite neglected for obvious reasons. Have been maintaining WC and regular maintainance but thats pretty much it.

So now that i got some free time while home with out newborn im gonna try to kickstart everything and get back on track :)

My current problems is that most corals are doing OK, just ok colors, pretty staggered in growth or no growth.. Decent polyp expansion but thats it. I got some cyano coming and going covering the rocks. Im BB atm so guess it dosnt have anywhere else to go.

Im currently happy with flow from the 4 mp40QD running a mix of random programs at about 40-100% making the water quite turbulent.

Im leaning toward my tank getting to much light? Running 3 Radion xr30w Pro at 70% using a slightly modified WWC AB+ schedule.

Namnlös.png

1 hour ramp up, 5 hour with whites, 30 min ramp down to all blue and 3.5 hours all blue with a 1.5 hour ramp down. This is complemented with 4x 80w T5 2x Ati blue+ and 2x Coral+ running 11.30 - 19.00 for a total of 7.5 hours.

Par at peak is about 280-350 at the acros and 150-200 at the bottom.

Messurements are all within line,

Salinity: 1.025
No3: 0.75
Po4: 0.04
Ca: 430
Mg: 1320
Kh: 8.0 - 8.2 (rock solid between those using alkatronic)

Im running the full red sea reef care program with trace, carbon and whatnot runned by dosers.

Any ideas?

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today i tuned down the lights 5% and will evaluate KH usage along with appearance in about a week. Will also take par measurements once i get some free time from caring for my mini-me

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back