Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jason,
I have to say what a fabulous looking 90g you've gott!! I have just watched your 59sec vid, really looking great!! Also love the article on the copperband, lovely fish to keep I was told they can be difficult to feed when young, like you I'm not a expert.
Do find that the coral of your choice is easy to find over there in Holland, over here in the uk I find it limited!! You either have to drive miles to find a good lfs, also I find there are limitations on the internet in uk.
Keep up the good work
Simon;)
Thank you Simon :D, I got my copperband from a guy on one of the Dutch forums .. he had had him a while and had done all the hard work qt ing and getting him too eat frozen ... he’s my favorite fish so full of character.. which is why it bothered me with his behavior...as for corals I buy a lot from private tanks ... I travel all over Holland if I want a coral bad enough ... also because this is Europe I have a few shops in Germany that are really good and get some great corals but they can be very expensive, wish I could import from America !!!I’m into my monti’s at the mo and scollys too so I aim on getting a couple of nice ones ... at the moment im not buying anymore , my tank is doing great but I have high no3 ... so next I wanna build an algae turf scrubber and try and get them down ... got a bit of cyno and bubble algae is coming back so on the vibrant again ... might even start dosing peroxide again ...

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So got a gift card today from my Boss ... couldnt decide what to buy .. it’s from one of them shops that sells everything .. Bol.com probably only in Europe ....
Anyway after much much searching and finding nothing worth while ... came across this .. seen this here before on R2R and thought well why not give it a try ..
Sooooo ladies and gentlemen
I bought a raspberry pi 2018 ..
8EDB6F8E-224D-4191-A131-88DAF10C2C8C.png

So I’m gonna be setting this up and hopefully running my seneye reef and apps for my lights and what ever else I can find too do with it ..
got the lights yesterday for my algae turf scrubber and have started cutting my plexiglass.. I will do a post with my build thread later ...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve started my algae turf scrubber .. I was gonna do a build thread for it .. but seeing how I’m copying one from YouTube thought I’d post that video here .. waiting on the mesh coming now .. lights I’ve already got .. the same as in the video .. I will post some pics once it’s up and running!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been a month now since i added the Rockzollid aquascape ... Im really happy with how it turned out , here’s my lastest video

Tank is looking spectacular.

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the Triton powder?
Triton powder was good , no problems mixed right up , but it was only the alk in powder form .. calc and mag was liquid just in different packaging ... also still waiting on a release date for the triton N-doc tests over here .. I will be doing another triton test next month .. but not expecting anything out of the ordinary!!!!

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately the adapter for the grow light has packed in after just one day .. contacted the seller for a new one :mad:..
Ordered a different one as backup ;Cyclops

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back