Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mack,
I'm stumped too. I figure that you have already checked the par on your new Kessil's
Their kinda dim looking and that can be deceiving. Sometimes too much simmer can effect things too.

Love your lobster eating in your latest video.

It may just be an adjustment period, but that does not help your frustration.
Thanks Freddie ..its not a lobster it's a pistol shrimp..:D:D
Just got my third kessil installed...

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here it is ...my tank is now officially a kessil tank .!!!!!
20181124_132555.jpeg
20181124_142818.jpeg

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Freddie ..its not a lobster it's a pistol shrimp..:D:D
Just got my third kessil installed...

Looks great, Mack

(lol)
It's a pistol shrimp... :)
I'm a idiot... ;Eggonface

:D

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also decided too have a new stand built from stainless steel...got the plans drawn up already and a mate of mine is gonna weld it up for me ..
I'm going to be swapping out the stands without emptying the water or corals out ...I'm gonna use 2 dolly lifts and lift the tank on 2 wooden beams then cut my old stand out and place the new one ...gonna be a challange ...

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally got my seneye cleaner and cleaned my unit ...it was so caked in coraline and gunk ...its like new now ...so decided too check the par I'm running my kessils at ....it was way under ...I was getting 200-250 at water line ....and around 30-50 on the bottom...so I've upped the intensity to 75 % and color too 50 % ...now getting 650 par at water line and 100 par on sand ...still less than my cbbs were at ..but it's a starting point now ...I must say though .....I love these lights ....the shimmer ...and I really like the ramp up and down ..now I've got it figured out...I had mine lamps plugged in wrong ...now they work perfect...never thought I'd have kessils over my tank this year ....Christmas came early for me ...really happy i upgraded ....now too get my params back in line ...

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally got my seneye cleaner and cleaned my unit ...it was so caked in coraline and gunk ...its like new now ...so decided too check the par I'm running my kessils at ....it was way under ...I was getting 200-250 at water line ....and around 30-50 on the bottom...so I've upped the intensity to 75 % and color too 50 % ...now getting 650 par at water line and 100 par on sand ...still less than my cbbs were at ..but it's a starting point now ...I must say though .....I love these lights ....the shimmer ...and I really like the ramp up and down ..now I've got it figured out...I had mine lamps plugged in wrong ...now they work perfect...never thought I'd have kessils over my tank this year ....Christmas came early for me ...really happy i upgraded ....now too get my params back in line ...

Nice. :)

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok been a bad week for my tank...on Monday night the hose for my algea turf scrubber was leaking behind the stand ...unfortunately it was dripping on the power supply from one of the kessils ..it blew the circuit breaker and the tank was without power for about 2 hrs before we noticed...took me another hr or so too clean up and find the fault ...lost a cleaner shrimp and couple of acros decided too rtn .....ordered a new power supply from USA the light its self is fine ...got my old CBB hanging back up for now ....
I had stopped dosing Triton last week as there didn't seem too be any uptake in the tank ...alk has been dropping 0.3 per day for the last 3 days .. alk is now at 7.7dkh ..and I started dosing again yesterday ...3ml per day so far ...it was 18ml per day a month ago ...
After getting rid of cyno I ended up with dinos . I've been dosing vodka for a week now as well ...started low ...now up too 2×3ml per day ...nitrates still at 50ppm no sign of getting any less yet ....also put filter socks back on the tank and swapping them out every other day...
Ordered a Triton test ....
All in all not a good week .....
2 weeks the tank will be 2 years old...

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ordered the new kessil power supply from the corallife on Sunday night ...its being sent from Mesa A.Z.. I take it that's Arizona...it will be here on Thursday 13 dec .. that's the same week .. I'm very impressed.....fantastic service ...if it gets here then ..

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil power supply came in today ...all 3 kessils working again now ...tomorrow I pick up new salt and a Triton test ...gonna do a 50% water change and then send the Triton test off ...still no drop in nitrates ...so still 50ppm and dosing 2 x 3.5 ml so 7ml vodka per day ..think my tank is turning into an alcoholic....
Purple stylo is also not doing good now ...
Params
Alk 8dkh
Calc 420
Mag 1340
No3 50
Po4 o.o4
Sg 1.026
Temp 25.9 -26

Dinos aren't letting up any either

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Christmas everyone ...just spent the beter part of 2 hrs doing a 50% WC ...ph is very low around 7,8 ..but had dropped as low as 7.5 last night ... hopping the wc is gonna help some with my tank ..gonna test no3 in a bit see if that has dropped any from 50 ppm ...

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally got more slides for my seneye and got that back on line this week ...not surprisingly ph was low
Screenshot_20181229-155343_Samsung Internet.jpg

This chart is for the last week ...
.....so I built a diy co2 scrubber of one of the threads on here ...I ordered this soda lime
20181228_154023.jpg

Used a cola bottle drilled some holes in it and filled ..attached it too the intake on my skimmer..here's the results for the last 24 hrs ...
Fixing problems One step at a time , sent Triton test off so next week the results back ..all in all tank is doing better ..but the dinos are really getting too me now ...
Screenshot_20181229-163210_Samsung Internet.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back