MACNA 2017!! New Orleans, Louisiana!

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PTO booked. Just need to make the other arrangements.

jbtcajun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the vendors commonly sell the aquariums and equipment used. If so is there a list g or auction site?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many of the floor display equipment is for sale at the very end of the show. You have to be there when the show closes and you need to ask the vendor if they are selling their display units. Many do and some don't. Same with the aquariums.

jbtcajun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to be there .
Might be able to but to gather a tank at lower costs.
Worth a shot.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many of the tanks are big that are for sale after the show. Example last year they had a nice Elos tank for sale and a Planet Aquarium tank for sale.

jbtcajun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope to get my first system after the show. Will inquire during and hope to score a new system

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are big tanks as well as small ones [emoji55]
Some of them could be sold already on the first day of the show and pick up on the last day.. So don't have high hopes if you go last minute..

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Unfortunately, I won't be able to go this year. We had planned it, but it's just not possible.

Reefer Obsessed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a newbie. I've had my tank since Jan 2017. I live 4 hours away but wouldn't miss it for the world. Had to take off of work on Sat. so will probably work on Sun instead. Upset that I could only go for the one day but it's better than none. I'm beside myself & having a hard time waiting. I've been saving money & haven't purchased any new corals for my tank. Are there any hints or secrets to the best way to see & experience everything?

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just been in the hobby for about two months and thinking about attending

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go you will learn a lot and also see and be able to talk to all the equipment manufacturers in the hobby. You will also meet a lot of people that love the hobby as much as you. I have been attending Macna since #3. Have made many many friends in the hobby thru the years.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any hints or secrets to the best way to see & experience everything?
I don't say this in any attempt at being snarky, but the best way to do that is to attend the whole 3 days. You simply can't see/experience everything just attending one day of the show.
You could spend all day attending speakers, and that would only leave you a couple (insufficient) hours to see the exhibit hall.

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go you will learn a lot and also see and be able to talk to all the equipment manufacturers in the hobby. You will also meet a lot of people that love the hobby as much as you. I have been attending Macna since #3. Have made many many friends in the hobby thru the years.
i will be talking to my parents later on and hopefully they won't have a problem me attending!!

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't say this in any attempt at being snarky, but the best way to do that is to attend the whole 3 days. You simply can't see/experience everything just attending one day of the show.
You could spend all day attending speakers, and that would only leave you a couple (insufficient) hours to see the exhibit hall.

An I would add I go from Thursday thru Monday because I love hanging out with my friends. Best way to enjoy the show is to talk to people don't be afraid to strike up a conversation. Every one is there to learn from each other.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back