Macro algae

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to buy macro algae for my sump online but the pieces I got were very small. They broke up before they had hardly grown. bits of them often got into my Skimmer pump so often needed to strip it down to get small bits out.
I am often reading here that people are ripping out gallon bucket loads and throwing it away. Why is it so dear to buy just small pieces if it is thrown away so much.
does anyone know of a uk reefer who sells bigger clumps at a reasonable price?

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to buy macro algae for my sump online but the pieces I got were very small. They broke up before they had hardly grown. bits of them often got into my Skimmer pump so often needed to strip it down to get small bits out.
I am often reading here that people are ripping out gallon bucket loads and throwing it away. Why is it so dear to buy just small pieces if it is thrown away so much.
does anyone know of a uk reefer who sells bigger clumps at a reasonable price?

What macro algae did you tried before?

OP
OP
Jimbhoy13

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a starter pack containing a small strand each of four macros including Codium. Also bought a caulerpa racemosa cylindracea. The codium was the only one that grew and lasted a few months.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a starter pack containing a small strand each of four macros including Codium. Also bought a caulerpa racemosa cylindracea. The codium was the only one that grew and lasted a few months.
Was it on Fleabay, the samples you get to make you cry a bit. I got a few caleurpas and red grape that could sort you out mate.

OP
OP
Jimbhoy13

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was it on Fleabay, the samples you get to make you cry a bit. I got a few caleurpas and red grape that could sort you out mate.
No I bought them from mail order place in uk.
thanks for offer of some macros. How much would you want for them. I realise it’s also a difficult time for getting out to pick up stock.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I bought them from mail order place in uk.
thanks for offer of some macros. How much would you want for them. I realise it’s also a difficult time for getting out to pick up stock.

don’t be silly mate, just drop me your address on a pm. Still got a prepaid envelope that can drop of in the post for you.

OP
OP
Jimbhoy13

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sixty (don’t know your name lol) thank you so much.
Jim Adams
9 Walton Crescent
Ashbourne
Derbyshire
DE6 1FZ

You are a star. It’s so nice to get something nice in these troubled times. Hope you and your family are keeping well and safe.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sixty (don’t know your name lol) thank you so much.
Jim Adams
9 Walton Crescent
Ashbourne
Derbyshire
DE6 1FZ

You are a star. It’s so nice to get something nice in these troubled times. Hope you and your family are keeping well and safe.

no worries mate, will drop it at the post tomorrow, in future try and give personal information always by private message.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back