Macroalgae around Atlantic Canada?

redwatersalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I live in rural Atlantic Canada, and I propagate macroalgae in the hope of aquascaping a nano display tank (≤5 gal). I am currently experimenting with DIY underwater LED lighting. I included a picture of one of my 13 gal (50 L) tub with blade and feather Caulerpa.

I purchased my first macroalgae from fragbox (fragbox.ca) which I am satisfied with. They ship to my location in rural Atlantic Canada. However, their selection is limited and they are based in Toronto. On the other hand, AlgaeBarn stopped shipping to Canada a few years ago. I currently have, Chaetopmopha, Blade Caulerpa, Feather Caulerpa, Dragons Nest (Gracilaria Parvispora), Dragons Tongue(Gracilaria hayi) and Bubble algae (obviously).

Where can I get macroalgae in Atlantic Canada? I am willing to drive to Montreal, Quebec, Moncton, and Halifax, but obviously shipping is better. I am especially interested in non-calcified red macro algae.

Thank you

P1080786.JPG

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back