Magnetic "Ledges" for perching fish?

Helms Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I only have 4 fish in a 70G. Two Clowns and a 2 Hawk fish. The clowns settle anywhere as usual but I'm having difficulty with a Firehawk and a LongnoseHawk. The Fire Hawk climbs the entire structure, being a bit of a bully but they all hold their own to a point. The problem is my long nose prefers perching on upper areas of the tank. He's trying to find "his" spot. Albeit, he is my favorite fish of the tank.
I'd like to put magnetic "perches" for him in the upper areas of the tank. What are my options? Preferably, magnetic and fits with the live rock theme. I kinda just want a shelf that I could glue some small pieces of live rock to in all four corners.

OR, is there a fish I can add that will calm the flame hawks territory down? I'd really like a motherlike tank boss that is cool with everyone.

OP
OP
H

Helms Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I search, there is not much for magnetic/temporary aquascape to attach to the glass in the tanks. I'll look into purchasing magnets and maybe 3d print something as a ledge so the long nose has multiple safe zones to perch on in the upper end of the tank.

coralfishreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef rax

Tunze

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem with my orange spotted hawk. He would be territorial as soon as the longnose touched down. Lol.
My squirrel ate him so no more problems. Your gonna wanna look at magnetic frag rocks.
Or frag racks that looks like real reef rock. Theirs a vendor on here. Im looking at the tunze ones for an actual frag rack not ur purpose.
My longbose perches my gorgagian and my large mag float. The pump too when its not on. Lol.
D

OP
OP
H

Helms Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem with my orange spotted hawk. He would be territorial as soon as the longnose touched down. Lol.
My squirrel ate him so no more problems. Your gonna wanna look at magnetic frag rocks.
Or frag racks that looks like real reef rock. Theirs a vendor on here. Im looking at the tunze ones for an actual frag rack not ur purpose.
My longbose perches my gorgagian and my large mag float. The pump too when its not on. Lol.
D
HaHa I can relate. My long nose loves the upper of the tank on the wave maker,return pumps and my magnetic tunes scraper. I just want a few more decorative options for him to hang out and keep an eye on the tank for me lol. The decorative magnetic frag shelfs are going to be what I'm looking into.

Fishtastrophy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My longnose hawkfish hangs out on my MP40s (both covered with NemGuards), and one slightly lower rock. I was thinking about the magnetic thing and put a small frag rack from Reefing Art on the front of my tank, but apparently a willingness to perch on a powerhead doesn't translate to a small clear shelf. Too exposed maybe? In hindsight, rock is a better way to go. :D

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a diy idea .
I have a old mag float with a piece of live rock glued to the top .
it sits close to the top close to my water .

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Link? I'm interested

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back