Magnetic Synthetic Power Stations(SPS)10,40, 40 xl.

gooch

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
We have been working on our synthetic brand of magnetic holders. We would like to give you a sneak peak at the SPS-10, SPS-40 and SPS-40 XL. These pieces are pump specific. They are for MP-10 and MP-40 pumps. We do plan to offer SPS piece for other power head brands but we wanted to start with the pumps.

There is no availability on these until after RAP Orlando. We will have a few there to sell but supplies at the time are very limited.

SPS-10 Fits the MP-10 and is rated to 3/8" tanks. It will retail for $65.

SPS-40 Fits the MP-40 rated for 3/8" thick glass. Will retail fro $85. There is wiggle room with these to be used with other pumps but they are designed for the mp-40.

SPS-40 XL Is rated to 1/2". It might be good up to 3/4 but we have only tested it to 1/2". This one is 12" long and can be flipped to be used both ways. They will be $130 retail. Again will work with other pumps but designed for mp-40's.

kingston.buck

View Badges
Reaction score
Do you guys have an pictures showing the other side. How do they mount to the glass? Is it all held by the dry side of the pump or is there additional magnets?

OP
gooch

gooch

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Do you guys have an pictures showing the other side. How do they mount to the glass? Is it all held by the dry side of the pump or is there additional magnets?
There is a magnet inside the structure and a magnet on the outside of the structure. Sorry I am packing the last orders for the week and heading to Florida for RAP Orlando. I will not have a chance for pictures before I leave.

Scott
Alternative Reef,llc

OP
gooch

gooch

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hopefully you will have one left on Sunday at RAP

I think we will have more than enough of the XL model. The other two I am not sure will last long. I only was able to get three of the sps-10 version made.

OP
gooch

gooch

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this version no, but possible future generations.

OP
gooch

gooch

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
@gooch , any chance you can make or have made plug inserts to fill holes that are unwanted (that match the racks)?

No, these are made to be primarily frag holders. Like I said in the future we will have more to offer. Our primary focus is in the area of coral propagation mounts. The magnetics and other decor are secondary and we work on new designs when time allows.

OP
gooch

gooch

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry but we no longer offer these. The margins on these were very small and when the company we were sourcing materials from shared proprietary information on them to a competitor we decided we could no longer in good faith work with that company or do anything to promote products using any materials from them. We went with a new supplier to build our magnets and they work out great But we have not sourced a new material for the structures themselves and probably will not. We have moved on to other products.

Is there anything that grosses you out about saltwater aquariums?

• Yes (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 138 44.2%
  • No

Votes: 171 54.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 1.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors