Main/Frag Display Coral Photos

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
With this quarantine going on I have had a lot of time to just look and appreciate my tank. This tank has gone through some ROUGH patches. Just last summer it was coming out of what I thought was a minor crash which turned out to be a major crash...I lost lots of colonies/frags that I have been growing since I started reefing. I lost my Green monti, purple, and red montis, RRC Pretty in Pink acro, 95% a walt disney colony ,BC Rainbowland. Man the list can go on and on and the worst part is it happened as I was getting ready to go back to school. It was extremely rough to know that your tank was failing and you had no control over it and no idea why(still to this day I don't know why). The tank worked itself out by November and in Late December I added a new coral just to see if the tank was ready. Thankfully it passed the test with flying colors and have slowly began building my stock up once again slowly. Now lets get on with some of my fav corals!

Apr 2, 2020
Pandora Paly: This is a pretty underappreciated Paly, The golds in this coral is unreal and has truly become one of my fav palys in my tank
IMG_0732.jpeg

Blue Lagoon Zoa: One of my newer purchases, doesn't look great under blues as the coral is blue but those accent colors are amazing,
IMG_0736.jpeg

WWC Illuminati, Newer addition, been a dreamcoral of mine since I got into my zoa phase...definitely does not disappoint
IMG_0734.jpeg

Pink Diamonds: Another great looking piece under blues and whites can't wait for this to become a colony
IMG_0733.jpeg

Electric Ommpa Loompa zoa: Really like the name haha
IMG_0735.jpeg

DP's Rainbow Sprite monti: One of the OG's, thankfully this monti made it through the crash without a scratch and honestly it looks even better. i found out that it turns a baby blue skin in high lighting
6E907ABB-CEDD-4424-AB9B-EBA7F2352FCE_1_105_c.jpeg

Neon Birdsnest: First coral added since the crash, Simple coral but it just looks so good in any lighting.
A86CA4E0-FC66-4173-8DFD-7402F0D6743F_1_105_c.jpeg

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One of my favorite zoas/paly in the tank as of now! The coral looks good under any type of lighting. can't wait to put it in my zoa garden this weekend!
Hooligan Paly
IMG_0841.jpeg

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So my main display uses sbreeflights and 2 t-5's while my new frag tank(which these are currently in) run 2 radion xr15 g4's. This zoa was growing out in my main display but when I set up the frag tank a couple weeks ago all of my stuff went there to growout

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Couple more shots before my new shipment of coral arrive :). Sorry for all the zoa pics lol they are just the easiest to take accurate photos of but I promise ill get some lps and some sps pics soon.

CB White Zombies... just an outstanding looking zoa
IMG_0866.jpeg

Forest Fire Digi. Lost this whole colony in the crash and saved a small piece and it has done extremely well
IMG_0868.jpeg

Sunny D Zoas
IMG_0867.jpeg

One of my many "Dream Chalices" . I had been eying this coral in their main display for a couple years at my LFS. I waited until it was grown out and asked for a piece. The Manager knows me pretty well and broke me off a piece. Not gunna lie I was super excited

Some type of Watermelon Chalice(maybe a hyper)
IMG_0869.jpeg

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here are a couple new additions of zoa (not all of the order) that I got shipped about a week ago.

Speckled Krak:
IMG_1009.jpeg

WWC AOI Mini Colony- Super cool coral I fragged me a piece to put into one of my zoa gardens. I like tto start my gardens from single- 2 polyp frags even if I have plugs full of zoas.
IMG_1008.jpeg

"Tyree Pink Lemonade"-Got this from a buddy of mine and it has colored up so well. We think its a tyree pink lemonade but It really is a super bright yellow! This would be in my main display but it keep getting knocked off so it is sitting in the Frag tank to encrust a bit.
IMG_1013.jpeg

Strawberry shortcake: Got a colony and fragged a few pieces for the frag tank as back up. These frags have better color than the mother as of now. (picture shows no color apparently).
IMG_1014.jpeg

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Was looking from the top of the tank and this area caught my attention. To me this looked extra good for some reason today. Im just thinking the starburst cap instead of two red plates would make this look so much better.
IMG_1103.jpeg

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pics were taken under blues with an orange filter to help make everything true to life :)

First pic of my Dragon soul that actually looks true to life! Under whites thing look like a brown torch with green tips but under blues is when this thing really pops!
IMG_1204.jpeg

Walt Disney showing good growth after a 95% colony lost

IMG_1201.jpeg

Purple Bonsai:
IMG_1207.jpeg

Unnamed Sarementosa:
IMG_1202.jpeg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back