Maintaining nitrocycle In Fish less DT

navada718

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Main DT & QT have been cycled for a week (Fritz Turbo Start). Should I add anything to the DT to keep the cycle going, since I don't plan on adding any inhabitants for at least 30 days? I still have some AlgaeBarn NitroCycle left, can I use that as a ammonia source?
When Should I use my Chemi Pure blue, can I add it now, Should I wait? Whats the verdict?

FB_IMG_1606065981766.jpg

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup you sure can do all that

they wouldn’t starve if you added nothing, so adding any of that above is fine too

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading Dr Reefs bottle bac thread, a pinch of fish food w be the best single addition u could make. We get ammonia carbon vitamins mins all from that one pinch so easy.

OP
OP
navada718

navada718

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading Dr Reefs bottle bac thread, a pinch of fish food w be the best single addition u could make. We get ammonia carbon vitamins mins all from that one pinch so easy.
A pinch a day, couple of days, or should I add & monitor the Amonia by testing, what would you recommend?

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just once for sure it’s plenty. The tank is taking on constant carbon anyway, as I sit here in my old man chair I see out of the corner of my eye a bunch of floaties wafting about and aerial squigglies reflecting in the sun coming through the window.

my air is all aerial rafts am breathing lol

that means you are getting free daily feed on a trace level into that big tank and I should probably vacuum or clean or something, I’ll get to it later the game is on

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 67 85.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back