Majanos…things are kill in’ me !

hans4811

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had these before and successfully gotten rid of them ? Used F-Aiptasia for the initial batch…worked okay on the ones that were on a horizontal surface, but on the vertical ones, you cant get the paste to stick without it going everywhere ! Lost a RBTA cuz of it falling off…no biggie there though.

Then I started to manually remove them with an auto pick, looks like a dental pick. Been doing this about once a week as they continually pop up…then I just read that when threatened they release spores, like Aiptasia,, to spread even more !! Mannnn….here I thought I was doing something that was helping and was probably making it worse ! This would explain why they keep popping up everywhere !

Any ideas ?….

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find them easier to control than aiptasia. Boiling hot vinegar. I wait until they get pretty big then inject them. They seem to die off after the vinegar. Sometimes they just fall off the rock after injecting.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.1%

Back