MAKE TESTING EASY! - A New GIVEAWAY From Hanna and Marine Depot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Signed up for the newsletter.

Looking to speed up the testing process and add more accuracy. I tend to drop off with my testing, but having previously run picos, weekly or bi-weekly 100% water changes made testing not really necessary. I am in the process of setting up a much larger tank, so 100% water changes are no longer a viable option. I want to be able to determine what is going on with the water chemistry in my aquaria so I maintain long term,stable parameters to proveide the best environment possible. Hanna Inst products would help with that process and help keep me motivated to test regularly with the accurate, easy to interpret results.

Mike Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
hannah-giveaway-2018-social2.jpg

Marine Depot is excited to announce we've teamed with Hanna Instruments and Reef2Reef to MAKE TESTING EASY!

1 winner will be randomly selected on April 6 to receive a Reef Professional Kit and Digital Seawater Refractometer — a $410 value!

It's super-duper easy to enter and YOU CAN ENTER UP TO 3 TIMES!

1. Like Hanna on Facebook ENTRY #1
  2. Follow Hanna on Instagram ENTRY #2
  3. Subscribe to Hanna's Newsletter ENTRY #3
After you've entered at least once, come back to this thread and leave a comment to share what problem(s) you hope to fix in your tank by testing your water more frequently and accurately.

If you already own digital testing equipment from Hanna and just want MORE ... then leave a comment to share how you've used your water test results to improve the health of your tank and its inhabitants!

GOOD LUCK!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

About The Prizes
Untitled-5.jpg

Reef Professional Kit – Hanna Instruments (HIREEF) - Coming Soon to Marine Depot!

Monitor the health of your saltwater reef aquarium with the Reef Professional Kit for Alkalinity (dKH), Calcium, Phosphorus (ULR phosphate), and pH. Water quality is the most important aspect of a healthy reef aquarium. Remove subjective results and guesswork by confidently testing with Hanna Instruments. Bridge the gap between simple chemical test kits and expensive instrumentation with this convenient, professional kit. Includes:
  • Hanna Marine Alkalinity (dKH) Checker HC - HI772
  • Hanna Marine Calcium Checker HC - HI758
  • Hanna Saltwater Aqurium Ultra Low Range Phosphorous Checker HC - HI736
  • pHep[emoji768] Waterproof Pocket pH Tester with 0.1 Resolution - HI98107
  • Deionized Water - HI70436m
  • Electrode Storage Solution - HI70300M
  • pH Calibration Buffer Solutions - HI770710P
  • Replacement reagents for Phosphorus Ultra Low Range Checker[emoji768] HC - HI736-25

Digital Refractometer for Seawater Analysis – Hanna Instruments (HI96822)

A rugged, portable digital refractometer designed for the measurement of salinity of natural or artificial seawater. The HI96822 displays results in three popular measurement units: Practical Salinity Units (PSU), salinity in parts per thousands (ppt) and specific gravity (S.G. (20/20)). The instrument’s high accuracy and simple operation gives reliable results each and every time. All readings are automatically compensated for temperature variations and displayed within a 1.5 second response time. The sealed flint glass prism and stainless steel well are easy to clean. Just wipe with a soft cloth in preparation for the next sample.

Contest Fine Print

There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. Open to US residents 18 years or older. One (1) winner will be contacted April 6 by private message on Reef2Reef.com and provided instructions on how to claim their prize. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Questions? Contact Us.
3+ ...

I gave Hanna two follows and an RT on Twitter also!

My dosing pump went wacko amd over dosed Randy's recipe 2 calcium over a month ago, my API kits are from when I started the tank 6 months ago an I am almost out of alk and calcium on those, my Salifert is hard to see exactly how much of #3 I used (I'm getting old an I can't see) an I want to keep things growing and stable!

Really curious about all the new technology since I've been out of the saltwater/reef hobby for 10 years or more.
Screenshot_2018-03-07-23-57-16.jpg
Screenshot_2018-03-07-23-59-24.jpg
Screenshot_2018-03-08-00-00-09.jpg
Screenshot_2018-03-08-00-01-29.jpg
Screenshot_2018-03-08-00-01-44.jpg

Kentech5

View Badges
Reaction score
I’d like to get a handle on actually dosing my tank. It would be new territory for me.

Joewantabetterreef

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a couple of Hanna checkers already and they definitely make life easier I am just starting my second reef tank build and have not got it wet yet but I know that Hanna makes it that much easier when I get to the point that I need to start testing

Carpathian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
With 15 tanks I'd love to be more efficient and accurate with my testing. My next tank build I want to do lots of SPS and need to dial in my parameters, digital checkers can give the wife and I more time to enjoy our animals.. I signed up for the newsletter and had the wife follow and like IG and FB.

JohnWMarshall

View Badges
Reaction score
hannah-giveaway-2018-social2.jpg

Marine Depot is excited to announce we've teamed with Hanna Instruments and Reef2Reef to MAKE TESTING EASY!

1 winner will be randomly selected on April 6 to receive a Reef Professional Kit and Digital Seawater Refractometer — a $410 value!

It's super-duper easy to enter and YOU CAN ENTER UP TO 3 TIMES!

1. Like Hanna on Facebook ENTRY #1
  2. Follow Hanna on Instagram ENTRY #2
  3. Subscribe to Hanna's Newsletter ENTRY #3
After you've entered at least once, come back to this thread and leave a comment to share what problem(s) you hope to fix in your tank by testing your water more frequently and accurately.

If you already own digital testing equipment from Hanna and just want MORE ... then leave a comment to share how you've used your water test results to improve the health of your tank and its inhabitants!

GOOD LUCK!!!

About The Prizes
Untitled-5.jpg

Reef Professional Kit – Hanna Instruments (HIREEF) - Coming Soon to Marine Depot!

Monitor the health of your saltwater reef aquarium with the Reef Professional Kit for Alkalinity (dKH), Calcium, Phosphorus (ULR phosphate), and pH. Water quality is the most important aspect of a healthy reef aquarium. Remove subjective results and guesswork by confidently testing with Hanna Instruments. Bridge the gap between simple chemical test kits and expensive instrumentation with this convenient, professional kit. Includes:
  • Hanna Marine Alkalinity (dKH) Checker HC - HI772
  • Hanna Marine Calcium Checker HC - HI758
  • Hanna Saltwater Aqurium Ultra Low Range Phosphorous Checker HC - HI736
  • pHep® Waterproof Pocket pH Tester with 0.1 Resolution - HI98107
  • Deionized Water - HI70436m
  • Electrode Storage Solution - HI70300M
  • pH Calibration Buffer Solutions - HI770710P
  • Replacement reagents for Phosphorus Ultra Low Range Checker® HC - HI736-25

Digital Refractometer for Seawater Analysis – Hanna Instruments (HI96822)

A rugged, portable digital refractometer designed for the measurement of salinity of natural or artificial seawater. The HI96822 displays results in three popular measurement units: Practical Salinity Units (PSU), salinity in parts per thousands (ppt) and specific gravity (S.G. (20/20)). The instrument’s high accuracy and simple operation gives reliable results each and every time. All readings are automatically compensated for temperature variations and displayed within a 1.5 second response time. The sealed flint glass prism and stainless steel well are easy to clean. Just wipe with a soft cloth in preparation for the next sample.

Contest Fine Print

There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. Open to US residents 18 years or older. One (1) winner will be contacted April 6 by private message on Reef2Reef.com and provided instructions on how to claim their prize. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Questions? Contact Us.

JohnWMarshall

View Badges
Reaction score
I have been using Hanna instruments for my two new reef tanks. I’ve been out of the hobby for a few years ... I really like the ease of the test kits I have purchased - Ca, Alkalinity and PO4. I would love to have an easy, quick way to test Mg - tired of the seemingly endless shaking of samples that are required with the Red Sea Mg test kit. Does Hanna make a quick Mg testing device?

Reefer Ryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Subscribed to Newsletter, I hope to fix my problem of not being able to decide which color to choose from the test results

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Got the last two out of three done. Hoping to keep a more stable system all around with more frequent testing aided by the ease and consistency that Hannah offers.

ReefAddict16

View Badges
Reaction score
Liked, followed and subscribed.
The main problem I have is not knowing if my test kits are accurate.

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
liked on Facebook,subscribed to newsletter..

Hoping to make the all more stable

Last edited:

Oscar1018

View Badges
Reaction score
All done, I really love the fact that how easy it is to do the testing whit the checkers

Chiefmaster30

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I hope to keep all of my parameters a lot more stable with all of these Hanna testing instruments! Thanks again Hanna and Marine Depot!

Kamden Uelton

View Badges
Reaction score
All 3 steps completed! I would like the test kits so I can monitor Alk and Cal more efficiently, ATM I just look at the corals growth and determine if I need to dose.

ironrod1972

View Badges
Reaction score
I’ve done all 3. I’m looking forward to have more accurate results of tests to better fine tune my system for the health of my corals and reef inhabitants

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back