Making a comeback

mattdg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congrats on the new house and eventual big tank install. I loved the 75 gallon I had years back. Was the perfect size for coral growth, depth, even flow and light penetration.

I've gone the whole gamut with Metal Halide, T5, CF, LED. Settled on LED's Viparspectra, to be exact. I've been running them for 4 years now with good results, on a 120 SPS heavy tank. Truthfully, I would happily go back to 250W MH, if it weren't for the heat and power consumption.

I need to borrow a PAR meter one of these days to see where my light level is at with the Viparspectra's. Considering new units, after 3 years of use. I've heard good things about the ReefBreeders photon V2. I tend to lean towards the multi LED, black box type units, supplemented with t5, for the even spread.

How is the spread on your Noopsyche K7's? Are you using more than one unit?

OP
OP
A

amoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new house and eventual big tank install. I loved the 75 gallon I had years back. Was the perfect size for coral growth, depth, even flow and light penetration.

I've gone the whole gamut with Metal Halide, T5, CF, LED. Settled on LED's Viparspectra, to be exact. I've been running them for 4 years now with good results, on a 120 SPS heavy tank. Truthfully, I would happily go back to 250W MH, if it weren't for the heat and power consumption.

I need to borrow a PAR meter one of these days to see where my light level is at with the Viparspectra's. Considering new units, after 3 years of use. I've heard good things about the ReefBreeders photon V2. I tend to lean towards the multi LED, black box type units, supplemented with t5, for the even spread.

How is the spread on your Noopsyche K7's? Are you using more than one unit?

Just one over the 60 CUBE. It was growing coral just fine without the T5's, but the overall look of the tank is SO much better with the T5 Supplementation added.

I have the Neptune PMK, but the corals have been doing so good I haven't bothered to check par yet.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back