Making your money work for you - need a starters guide (so I can reef more!)

BackToTheReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So over on the "where'd you get your money" thread several folks mentioned making your money work for you and investing. So how do should we do it?

I'll use myself as an example:

Earlier this year, I heard about Webull's promo where you sign up, deposit $100, and get two free stocks valued at $3-$1,200. There were no fees and you could "cash" your account out without any penalty or fee so I did it. Then found out if you refer someone and they use your code and deposit $100 they get two free shares and you get two more free shares (I have my code if anyone wants to use it! :D )

My free stock totaled $15 so I didn't cash out and decided to start to learn to invest and bought a few shares here and there. Then through work stumbled on an EV that I really fell in love with and researched the company. It looked solid with multiple channels so I decided to buy in for the long haul.

So with $500 I bought in and started the wait. I figured it would be years before I sold but I continued my research and got a little worried about what I was reading and I sold but managed to double my money. I put that into what I hope are some other solid choices (looking to be so far) and learning about market fluctuations at the end of the week or day as people "move to secure profits" and have begun to learn a little but by and large I am still speculating rather than making good educated choices.

For you folks that have made your money work for you what advise would you have or resources could you point someone who is just starting or wants to start investing too?

The initial investment I made totaled $625 ($125 initially and a $500 add on a month or so later) and as of lunch time today my account hit $1500 for the first time. I'm still basically just speculating with a limited knowledge base rather than making wise investments. I sort of look at inflow/outflow as a guide (roughly more inflow probably means the stock is rising, more outflow means the stock is probably falling), I also ignore those emails and articles about the X number of hottest stocks.

Am I on the right track? What else can you recommend for any of us who want to get started?

(and my apologies for the ramble I know what I want to say and ask just not how to get there)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back