• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Male Fijian Orange Spot Filefish for sale

Coral Keeper

Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, have a Male Fijian Orange Spot Filefish for sale. I've had him since 6/14/2019 and purchased him on Divers Den. Reason I'm selling him is because he has grown a taste for more and more corals the longer I've had him lol. It all started with just SPS polyps (and yes, I know, I was perfectly fine with him eating SPS polyps and never having polyp extension ever again.. however, his taste has slowly grown into just about every coral out there) his newest taste buds have got him going on the ultra rock anemones.. yup.. anemones.. haha
Here is a list of his favorite foods:
All types of SPS Polyps, Acans, any fleshy LPS really, even euphyllia, some types of gorgonian polyps. So basically he's not reef safe at all and if he won't be eating some of your corals at first, he will eventually give it a try at a later time (he didnt touch euphyllia for about a year, then started all of a sudden).
He does eat frozen mysis shrimp, the live red worms, frozen brine shrimp, roe eggs, and his ultimate favorite is Two Little Fishies Julian Sprungs SeaVeggies PURPLE Seaweed, (and it has to be that exact type and brand, he's not a fan of other brand purple seaweed lol) he will eat some red and green nori of the same brand, but his ultimate favorite is the purple and that will keep him occupied for most of the day. I try to keep a clip of Nori all day/most of the day which kind of calms him down quite a bit from going at corals, no nori = he will go to town at corals even crazier. He is currently in a 120 gallon mixed reef (4'x2'x2') and loves to sleep perched in between the branches of a large 12"x16" Staghorn colony.
Asking $100 for him and will try to do local pickup first, if I can't sell him locally, I might be willing to ship him. Can help deliver/meet half way if it's too far of a drive for you for an additional cost. I'm located in Sacramento, California.
Here are some pictures and videos of the Lil guy..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coral Keeper

Coral Keeper

Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is his picture from Divers Den.
Screenshot_20201226-213602_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
Coral Keeper

Coral Keeper

Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full tank shot before he got destructive with the LPS, currently don't have most of the LPS from that FTS lol You could see him in the upper left corner near the staghorn colony looking for sps polyps to snack on. If he didn't go after everything else, would have been perfectly happy keeping him with no SPS polyp extension...
20191229_164823.jpg

Heist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow what a very beautiful assortment of fish, moorish idol really stands out was it hard to get it acclimated? Sorry don’t mean to go on a tangent with your thread GLWS

OP
OP
Coral Keeper

Coral Keeper

Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow what a very beautiful assortment of fish, moorish idol really stands out was it hard to get it acclimated? Sorry don’t mean to go on a tangent with your thread GLWS
Thank you! I got very lucky, got it from a good local fish store, Moorish Idol came in good shape and was eating frozen mysis. Most important is having the fish come in from a good source/net caught..

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yeah- rare to get one eating like it does
Most die from starvation

BOWHUNTER4250

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does that mean please elaborate

Shipped me coral that most were DOA , bags smelled horrid as if they had been dead a while , took pictures after tried to save what was left , no attempt at any kind of partial refund , replacement , split shipping etc ....... NOTHING

This was just my experience with this seller

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipped me coral that most were DOA , bags smelled horrid as if they had been dead a while , took pictures after tried to save what was left , no attempt at any kind of partial refund , replacement , split shipping etc ....... NOTHING

This was just my experience with this seller
Lol that’s hilarious because I just posted this.
Not funny that the corals died

BOWHUNTER4250

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol that’s hilarious because I just posted this.
Not funny that the corals died
YEP !!! That was me .... spent a good amount of money for dead sticks and no offer to try and make the situation right or offer to send new pieces ?? ...................... KARMA will come around tho if it hasn't already

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.0%
Back