Man Vs Bryopsis - Kent's, Continuum, and Vibrant treatment thread

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maxxing there is no tank on the web Id want to see post Vibrant than yours, so glad you found them to try. Ive followed your updates and you've tried all current measures across the board.

Chris Adams

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the Vibrant thread it does mention that bryopsis takes quite a bit more rounds of dosing than most of the other algae so I suspect it will take us all a few weeks to really see the difference

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the Vibrant thread it does mention that bryopsis takes quite a bit more rounds of dosing than most of the other algae so I suspect it will take us all a few weeks to really see the difference

Yeah im being patient :)

The other algae's like turf and gha has melted.

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should get my vibrant in tomorrow, will updates photos of my tank and capture my bryopsis infestation for you guys; it's gotten really bad since I started my new job and haven't been able to keep up with trimming it.

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to get rid of this bryopsis for good, UWC this better work!!! I will be doing further updates on my own build thread, thanks @stevo01 for turning me onto this product. :)

Left Island

30439346650_bfc36c3154_o.png

Right Island

30107556204_dfc1aef95e_o.png

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm done with the third dose, not a lot of change but it was fairly widespread in the tank. Never really thick just everywhere, argghh! I am continuing manual removal as well, is anyone else? Or are you just dosing Vibrant and waiting? Man I hope this product works, tempted to just pour the whole dang bottle in, hah hah, just joking but so tired of this weed!

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm done with the third dose, not a lot of change but it was fairly widespread in the tank. Never really thick just everywhere, argghh! I am continuing manual removal as well, is anyone else? Or are you just dosing Vibrant and waiting? Man I hope this product works, tempted to just pour the whole dang bottle in, hah hah, just joking but so tired of this weed!

I will be doing manual removal as well, I think if it will help speed up the process.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You should continue to try to remove as much of it as possible. The less the vibrant needs to work at the better. As it grows and gets long, Bryopsis acts as a nitrate net. I believe the combination of weekly manual removal, suggested dosing of Vibrant, and WC's will eventually eliminate this beast once and for all, but we shall see.

I dont have a skimmer or sump in my 20g set up. I have a 4.5 gallon canister filter with a UV bulb. I have tried using the UV bulb and ive never noticed anything beneficial to the system, and one adverse effect. An overheating tank of 86 degrees. I think this overheating issue may have only helped the algae's grow even more. So beware of the UV bulbs in the SUN SUN canister filters. Otherwise good bang for the buck imo.

Chris Adams

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am taking it slow, just did my second dose of the week only 1ml per 10gl so I have done 6 ml this week. I believe I am seeing some results already. I may do a little manual maintenance on 1 tank but the other I am kind of interested to see what the Vibrant does on its own.

I will do standard WC still

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back