Mandarin and Pair of Clownfish Fry

SeaHorseQueen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I was in the middle of a debate as to whether to get a pair of clowns to share with a mandarin. I'm not wanting to raise the fry but will the mandarin hunt the fry? Or am I better off getting only one clown? Does anyone have experience with mandarins eating the fry? Obviously there is copepods and other live foods but wasn't wanting to risk having hundreds of fish if they survive. I have an apartment so I can't have a huge set up or multiple tanks unfortunately.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a 20g H. I should measure it to be absolutely though because it kind of looks bigger. I bought it off a marketplace.
Pass on the mandarin. The tank won't be large enough to support a sufficient copepod population.

OP
OP
SeaHorseQueen

SeaHorseQueen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pass on the mandarin. The tank won't be large enough to support a sufficient copepod population.
Even if I’m dosing copepods every 2-3 weeks with photo daily? I was planning to do live BBS and frozen added. I was aiming for a captive bred.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if I’m dosing copepods every 2-3 weeks with photo daily? I was planning to do live BBS and frozen added. I was aiming for a captive bred.
Captive breds don't always take to frozen, so you need a backup plan. An adult mandarin can consume a bottle of copepods in around 2 days. This is why they're really only recommended for tanks larger than 100-gallons.

Back