Mandarin dragonet fin rot ?

mikes reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey so I got this guy from my lfs Thursday and Friday noticed a bit of white patches on his bodyi thought it could of been just his stress coat but, the following day noticed his tail looked like it got nipped at a little bit and yesterday I found him with with a shredded tail and dead was this fin rot ? My live stock in this tank consists of two ocellaris clowns and a cleaner shrimp. This is how I found him yesterday. Anyone got any ideas on what could’ve done this or was this fin rot ?
CB7F7028-E56A-4B3C-80CD-567145D91487.png

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Mike I can’t help on the specific problem but hopefully someone will be able to help shortly.

Welcome to R2R as well!

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey so I got this guy from my lfs Thursday and Friday noticed a bit of white patches on his bodyi thought it could of been just his stress coat but, the following day noticed his tail looked like it got nipped at a little bit and yesterday I found him with with a shredded tail and dead was this fin rot ? My live stock in this tank consists of two ocellaris clowns and a cleaner shrimp. This is how I found him yesterday. Anyone got any ideas on what could’ve done this or was this fin rot ?
CB7F7028-E56A-4B3C-80CD-567145D91487.png
Did you ever figure this out?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back