manifold

DS5000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is process of building a manifold for my 170e 50 gal mixed reef. I am trying to figure out best way to integrate my BRS carbon/gfo reactor and UV into the manifold to achieve proper flow across both.
I have a varios 4 return pump and the BRS reactor came with a sicce pump - I havent purchased the UV yet.

Can i hook up the reactor and brs to the manifold and use the varios4? - i think i wont have enough flow.
Can I plumb the sicce somehow into the manifold so it provides specific flow to the reactor and UV - maybe ill have to get another small pump for the UV and plumb that?
Or should I get a bigger return pump, or buy a varios2 to add to the varios 4?

Any plumbing suggestions much appreciated!!

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can run the manifold off the main return pump, but you do run the risk of reducing your tank flow. Plus, if you shut off any of your reactors on the manifold, then you need to adjust your drain lines typically.

Many run a separate manifold with its own dedicated pump to feed the manifold itself. Then, run gate valves off the manifold to precisely dial in the flow to each piece of equipment.

Shadows Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is process of building a manifold for my 170e 50 gal mixed reef. I am trying to figure out best way to integrate my BRS carbon/gfo reactor and UV into the manifold to achieve proper flow across both.
I have a varios 4 return pump and the BRS reactor came with a sicce pump - I havent purchased the UV yet.

Can i hook up the reactor and brs to the manifold and use the varios4? - i think i wont have enough flow.
Can I plumb the sicce somehow into the manifold so it provides specific flow to the reactor and UV - maybe ill have to get another small pump for the UV and plumb that?

I just bought the cor 20 to replace my Vectra S2 and a return pump but now I will use the COR as a dedicated return pump and the Vectra as a dedicated pump for my reactors recirculating from the far end of the sump to the beginning of the sump.
As far as the UV goes you most likely will need to have a dedicated return pump for that because the necessary flow to be effect for UV is pretty high

I was thinking of getting one of the Pentair UV sterilizers and run it off my dedicated manifold once I have it set up but the truth is if that flow isn’t right the UV is useless so I’ll wait till I can get another Cor and I will have that as the dedicated pump for the UV

I just bought the cor 20 to replace my Vectra S2 and a return pump but now I will use the COR as a dedicated return pump and the Vectra as a dedicated pump for my reactors recirculating from the far end of the sump to the beginning of the sump.
As far as the UV goes you most likely will need to have a dedicated return pump for that because the necessary flow to be effect for UV is pretty high

I was thinking of getting one of the Pentair UV sterilizers and run it off my dedicated manifold once I have it set up but the truth is if that flow isn’t right the UV is useless so I’ll wait till I can get another Cor and I will have that as the dedicated pump only running for the UV
It’s been a couple weeks, what did you end up doing?

Back