Manifolds

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I plan to have no corals in my display tank. Fisk and anomies only. Why would I need a manifold???
No one 'needs a manifold'. It just depends on whether you want all the water flow controlled off of one pump or not. For example - lets say you wanted to have a refugium you could send some of the return water to that - via the manifold. Or you could use 2 pumps.

gentlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks pretty. But honestly, if you do it, it’s for expansion purposes. May items may even work without manifold. Think Uv. You can put it on manifold or return or as a stand alone with its own pump. I had wanted one for SPS, but then got a UV and chiller, ultimately just soft plumbed into return. A manifold would have just added to flow resistance. Happy reefing!

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You dont have too. You can get a pump rated for your overflow and direct plumb it from your sump.
Or
You can get a larger gph flow pump and add a "manifold" with ports that allows adding reactors and as said u.v. ect off of that main pumps gph flow.

No reason you cant just add pumps and plug ins for all this.
D

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to have no corals in my display tank. Fisk and anomies only. Why would I need a manifold???
If the fish get sick you might want to add a UV sterilizer into the return line. Having a manifold in place would mean you just turn on a valve to feed the UV. Same for any other reactor you may decide to add later. It's like buying a new jeep with a trailer hitch installed. If later you want to haul something behind the jeep, you just have to hook-up to the hitch.

Obviously, a manifold or a trailer hitch can be added later on if you want in either application. I don't have a manifold, I have redundant water pumps.

OP
OP
D

David Abbott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the fish get sick you might want to add a UV sterilizer into the return line. Having a manifold in place would mean you just turn on a valve to feed the UV. Same for any other reactor you may decide to add later. It's like buying a new jeep with a trailer hitch installed. If later you want to haul something behind the jeep, you just have to hook-up to the hitch.

Obviously, a manifold or a trailer hitch can be added later on if you want in either application. I don't have a manifold, I have redundant water pumps.
Well at first glance, seeing that you live in a federal prison made me a little hesitant to read your mail, LOL Yes I can understand what your saying. Having 2 pumps, I can T off one of them and add the manifold later Thanks

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on your keen observation regarding my current status. As an honorable guest here I do get internet privileges- yes We are being monitored.

I tried to answer your question well as the Rev brings me a pac when he visits if I’ve been good.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 133 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back