Manleys tank idea

Manleyt86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gey guys I'm new and gave done small aio tanks for a bit in the past and recent future. Here is my "vision" I need some help with. I have a room in my basement directly below where I want my tank to sit in my living room. Local shop has a waterbox 100 im thinking about getting "second hand". I want to move and build all my rodi,my water change equipment,holding tanks, and pod breeding and phyto culture setup all into this room in my basement instead of having things spread out all over the house. The head way it will be pushing if I do all this is maybe 15 feet max strait up. Would you guys put your sump and all this in one room and build it with room for equipment laid out, or would you just out the tank and sump both upstairs, thus just having water change equipment and pod and phyto breeding in the downstairs? I have a window in this room and my houses well pump. If I do everything downstairs im going to install an exhaust fan in the window plus use it to bring in fresh air.... here is a picture of tbe room. I'm going to have to do something to clean up my well pump and plumbing or work around it. I'm also going to install a circuit dedicated to just my sump/ culture room. Does anyone have any experience or leads on builds such as this. I really think putting all this in tbe basement other than the display will make my love for the hobby grow and much more enjoyable. Should I start a tank build thread? Will people help me along the way to learn? I have so many questions and anxiety but I want to step back and do this correct, efficient, and right the first time. Or the best that I can. I will be automating this system with an apex setup hopefully or some kind of monitoring system so my local shop can help me monitor what I got going on. Sorry for the long wind and grammar errors. Thanks in advance for any input! Attached pictures are the basement area and upstairs corner the display will be in.

20210105_194209.jpg 20210105_194130.jpg 20201018_171106.jpg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy
howdy.gif

I would put all the support items in the basement.
This will leave you very kewl options for a tank stand.

OP
OP
M

Manleyt86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy
howdy.gif

I would put all the support items in the basement.
This will leave you very kewl options for a tank stand.
Yeah I was thinking the same. May use an original black stand and have the doors cut out with manleys reef then stuff a cool led light back in there plus use it for storage. Let the creativity begin lol

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back