**Mantis shrimp Fish and coral compatibility**

Michael1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I have been inquiring into mantis shrimps and in perticular, the peacock mantis shrimp. Just curious [what the compatibility would be between mantis shrimps and corals], if you guys have any compatible corals you know for the mantis shrimp, please advise me. Also could anyone please list me compatible fish with the mantis shrimp ?, thank you

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Michael welcome to the club! I'm no expert but im not sure that any fish will be compatible. In tanks like that I will add a damsel though. They are pretty fast and cheap. Corals on the other hand I think you can add without worry.

But I don't really know. BUMP

Upvote 0

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish are not compatible with mantis. Anything you throw in will be food. Cruel for the fish. Mantis will eat clams ans other dead foods

Upvote 0

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Though I personally would avoid fish and corals with a mantis altogether, if you wanted to I'd do some cheap mollies that breed often and control algae, but aren't an expensive loss when the mantis catches one. As for corals, I know some people keep corals with mantis shrimps, but honestly I'd do only live rocks, as the mantis could potentially irritate a coral, especially those with a skeleton.

Upvote 0

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish are not compatible with mantis. Anything you throw in will be food. Cruel for the fish. Mantis will eat clams ans other dead foods
Not all mantises attack and/or eat fish. Most will just eat inverts if they’re smashers. Now if the fish picks on them and the mantis is defending itself, that’s a different story.

Upvote 0

DapperCuttlefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I have been inquiring into mantis shrimps and in perticular, the peacock mantis shrimp. Just curious [what the compatibility would be between mantis shrimps and corals], if you guys have any compatible corals you know for the mantis shrimp, please advise me. Also could anyone please list me compatible fish with the mantis shrimp ?, thank you
Hi! I am waiting to finish cycling my tank to introduce a peacock mantis to my new tank. And my goal is to put some soft corals in with it a few weeks later. Right now in the LFS it has been calling home for about a year, it has been living with mushroom just fine. It’s been a few months since you posted this question, have you had any success or fails we could learn from?

Upvote 0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back