OP
B

BantyRooster97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That must be it. I have to blue spot gobies in the tank as well and I assume if this was a mantis he would be after them.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did he look like this? This was in my TBS live rock last year. Was small and fun to watch but found him a new home.

OP
OP
B

BantyRooster97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No not really. His rear body was more clear and the front portion (head end) was greenish. I didn't really look at him as long as I should have.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would leave him since he has been there awhile. He is too small to be much danger to most fish.

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a pistol shrimp that used to click all night long :)

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don’t always kill your cuc. My peacock has not touched any snail since I put them in 3 weeks ago
No offense but he’s probably still acclimating to the tank... They are also not serial killers lol. Don’t don’t exactly wipe out the tank in one day. It’s one by one as time goes on. You’ll have to replace CUC, especially if that’s all there is to eat. They won’t starve themselves. But yes they do have different personalities, I wouldn’t think three weeks is enough to know how your mantis will act.

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of them also from Live Rock. The problem is catching them. I also have a gorilla crab I really want to catch. I am going to try the cut the top of a plastic coke bottle and reverse it inside the bottle method. I don't care so much about my mantis shrimp.... all a part of the reef. The snapping is irritating though. I wouldn't worry about the shrimp. Good luck

if you do catch him and don’t want him, I’ll pay for you to ship to me!

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offense but he’s probably still acclimating to the tank... They are also not serial killers lol. Don’t don’t exactly wipe out the tank in one day. It’s one by one as time goes on. You’ll have to replace CUC, especially if that’s all there is to eat. They won’t starve themselves. But yes they do have different personalities, I wouldn’t think three weeks is enough to know how your mantis will act.

no she has been in there for over two months now. She has no interest in anything live I’ve put in. Only the food I give her every other day

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was to someone else not op
It sounds like you have a pistol shrimp and not a mantis shrimp.

You know, I looked up images online and you might be right. Do pistol shrimp make the clicking sound that people talk about with mantis?

That must be it. I have to blue spot gobies in the tank as well and I assume if this was a mantis he would be after them.
OP is BantyRooster

hawk82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a smasher type mantis in my tank. It came in on some gulf live rock. Its been in the tank for over a year now. I tried to catch it once, and tore my whole aquascape up, but I just gave up. Its never bothered fish, but does eat cuc. But I dont really mind that, because I have a melanurus wrasse and a flame hawk, and they both snack on the cuc from time to time also. I just restock the cuc when needed. I see my mantis every now and then, he digs out big burrows under the rocks, and then I hear it popping really loud sometimes. I just live with it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back