Manual head rotation of DOS under AWC

Discussion in 'Neptune Systems' started by Kyl, Jan 11, 2019 at 12:21 PM.

1. Kyl

Kyl Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

@Terence and the guys. Has any thought been given to creating an option under module programming to alter the default manual / physical button rotational direction of the right side (or either side) head? I am finding that setting up AWC is kind of a pain to manually advance the heads (clockwise), as it's counter to the priming rotation of the "remove" / AWC (counter-clockwise) rotation programming. Yanking tubes to prime defeats the entire purpose of priming, and it would make *(whops, meant initial priming, not calibration) much easier.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 12:31 PM
    Tags:

2. vhuang168

vhuang168 Active Member

Instead of setting up 1 head to add and the other to remove, set both heads to add. Make sure to plumb them the 'normal' way.

3. TheHarold

TheHarold Valuable Member

You don’t need to prime the head that is removing water; they are peristaltic pumps.

4. Marc W

Marc W New Member

You only need to prime the pump if you use concentrated fluids where the content of the hose would make a difference - for calibration you could just switch the hoses like mentioned

5. Burrito

Burrito Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor NJRC Member

I had the same issue and second your motion for Neptune to update the software to prime in the opposite direction.

To get around this and make sure my lines were “full”. My waste line I prime like normal from my clean water until i had clean water in my sump coming from the waste line. Then I just put the lines where they should go after that. Hope that makes sense.

Draft saved Draft deleted