Manual off/on control of Radion lights through Mobius????

Bladezz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to manually turn my lights on and off, WHEN I WANT, using the Mobius app. Is that possible?

When I turn the lights off with the app - 5 minutes later they are back on again. By default I'm using the manual controls to turn them off at night.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can schedule them to come on and or off anytime . Or you can put them on seperate strip plug wit on off switch . Coral require a certain amount of time under the lights and consistency , turning them off prematurely isn’t the best thing to do for their long term health and growth . Just set them to come on and off earlier

MtnDewMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to manually turn my lights on and off, WHEN I WANT, using the Mobius app. Is that possible?

When I turn the lights off with the app - 5 minutes later they are back on again. By default I'm using the manual controls to turn them off at night.
Create a scene and set all led's to zero. Set the desired time in that scene you want. Put the scene as a widget on the main screen of the app and you have easy access to turning them off.

OP
OP
Bladezz

Bladezz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can schedule them to come on and or off anytime . Or you can put them on seperate strip plug wit on off switch . Coral require a certain amount of time under the lights and consistency , turning them off prematurely isn’t the best thing to do for their long term health and growth . Just set them to come on and off earlier
I've been doing this since 1986 (yeah I'm old) but I do appreciate the concern. I realize I can set a schedule on the app but I want something more manual for now.

PS: I built my own LED lights before EcoTech was out of diapers and I could control those lights manually. I would expect nothing less from their equipment and software.

i-JNRjJwv-X3.jpg

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been doing this since 1986 (yeah I'm old) but I do appreciate the concern. I realize I can set a schedule on the app but I want something more manual for now.

PS: I built my own LED lights before EcoTech was out of diapers and I could control those lights manually. I would expect nothing less from their equipment and software.

i-JNRjJwv-X3.jpg
Sorry if I came off remedial . I get it . And I find myself less apt to bragg how long I’ve been at it and won’t say I’ve got you beat by a few which I will never repeat lol !!! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: Never !!! . That being said on amazon their are WiFi switches that you can turn on or off from anywhere in the world from your phone or if your looking for a more localized Switch I know that Lowe’s and Home Depot have switch’s that you can plug the lights into that have a manual switch . I think it’s made by levington . Good luck !!!........ oh ! One more thing doing this since 1986 doesn’t make you old ! , what were 6 years old lol !!! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses: ........ just go with it , it sounds good !

OP
OP
Bladezz

Bladezz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if I came off remedial . I get it . And I find myself less apt to bragg how long I’ve been at it and won’t say I’ve got you beat by a few which I will never repeat lol !!! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: Never !!! . That being said on amazon their are WiFi switches that you can turn on or off from anywhere in the world from your phone or if your looking for a more localized Switch I know that Lowe’s and Home Depot have switch’s that you can plug the lights into that have a manual switch . I think it’s made by levington . Good luck !!!........ oh ! One more thing doing this since 1986 doesn’t make you old ! , what were 6 years old lol !!! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:
I was 12, clueless and had a 30 gallon tank with an under gravel filter and no AC in the house (what great memories.) lol

I Just want to use the Radion software (that I paid a lot for) to turn my lights off and on. I could use a power strip to turn them on and off (I think) but that has to be hard on the hardware.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was 12, clueless and had a 30 gallon tank with an under gravel filter and no AC in the house (what great memories.) lol

I Just want to use the Radion software (that I paid a lot for) to turn my lights off and on. I could use a power strip to turn them on and off (I think) but that has to be hard on the hardware.
Yah ! Great memories!! Got my first 10 gallon in 68 and thought it was probably what the kids today think about PlayStation lol !!! . I believe someone else in this thread mentioned how you can hook it up through the möbius app . Good luck !!!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back