March 9th, 2021 Meeting

duberii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody!

Our next meeting is on March 9th at 8 PM via Google Meets (Stay tuned for the link). We have a super cool meeting planned! We're lucky to have Marc Levenson from Melev's Reef joining us- We'll announce a topic soon!.

We're also super excited to announce we will be having a raffle at this next meeting, and the best part is all club members present will be automatically entered to win! We'll keep you guys updated on prizes.

The deadline to become a member and still be entered for this raffle is March 8th. You can become a member by filling out the form linked below and submitting a payment through PayPal. We're also working on a way to pay with credit cards, so stay tuned!

This year's BOD is already busy planning future meetings. Also depending on the membership in the club and state restrictions lessening we may be able to hold Fragtoberfest this year! After a long quarantine, this would be everybody’s chance to see what in and out of state vendors have to offer in terms of livestock and dry goods. It would also help out some local businesses that are struggling due to the pandemic. We really hope we can make it happen, but it definitely depends on the response we get from the reefing community. If we can get a decent membership going, that will free up some of the money we need to get the ball rolling on Fragtoberfest. So if you're interested in making that happen, sign up for a membership to let us know!

We're gonna be sending out a lot of information that you won't want to miss, so here's how to stay up to date:

Like our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ConnecticutAreaReefSociety
Follow our Instagram: @ CT_Area_Reef_Society

Ti64reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be sure to fill out the membership form and get ready for an exciting 2021!

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in if you can get the credit card working. Or can I pay someone directly on the bod?
Also, glad you are on Instagram cuz I deleted fb when my wife and I both got hacked. FB is an almost necessary evil and I hate it. A lot of businesses in our hobby use it exclusively and I feel I miss out on some stuff.

Ti64reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will be able to get the credit card going next week. We'll keep you posted.

Ti64reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dan I found out you can check out on paypal as a guest and use a credit card that way

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dburr1014 Unfortunately the virtual meeting with Marc Levinson is being postponed. We will still be having a virtual meeting with the link being posted in the CTARS private forum.

wet65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dburr1014 Unfortunately the virtual meeting with Marc Levinson is being postponed. We will still be having a virtual meeting with the link being posted in the CTARS private forum.
how do we access the private forum to get the link??

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The link is in there now

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210309-131303_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210309-131303_Chrome.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 79

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@wet65 you have the CTARS badge so I believe that allows you into the private area. When you check it let me know if it works please.

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You tap your icon, hit join user group and ask to join CTARS. We approve you and then you are in. I'll keep an eye out if you want to join the meeting

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 134 59.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 80 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.1%
Back