Marco S Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL Build

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by Marco S, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Marco S

Marco S Always Learning R2R Supporter AZ FRAG Member Build Thread Contributor

I ended up using the live sand I had left and built two frag racks for the coral QT.

For the first one I just zip tied some egg crate to a Mag Float glass gleaner so I can rise and lower it as needed. Here is a pic:
    IMG_1674.JPG

The second one I cut 4 PVC feet each 4" long and zip tied them to a much longer piece of egg crate. Here are some pics of that one:
    IMG_1670.JPG
    IMG_1671.JPG

And here is a pic of the complete QT:
    IMG_1672.JPG

I will probably put one or two smaller rocks in there, but for the most part it is done. Just waiting for my coral now...

NY_Caveman and Whip like this.

2. Marco S

Got my corals in from the WWC Live Sale!!! This is just a overall picture, but I will get some better individual close up pictures once I get my hands on a decent camera.
    IMG_1675.JPG

NY_Caveman and Whip like this.
  3. gobble

gobble Active Member

I just read through your thread since my 750 XXL is on order. Nice tank.

Question, does the inside of the stand not have a bottom? Or a bottom that slides out? I can see your tile floor in some of the pictures. Maybe it's removable as a safety feature should you ever have a water spill?

Btw, glad you didn't follow the advice of that clown who said you needed a backup Apex system.

Whip and Marco S like this.
  4. Huff747

Huff747 Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor

Hope Marco doesn't mind me jumping in but you're correct the bottom on each compartment is removable. The back sits on a support and the front support has a couple dowels that you lower the bottom on to which keeps it from sliding on you.

Whip and Marco S like this.
  5. Marco S

Thanks! It is a very nice tank, you are going to love it.

Like @Huff747 said, the bottom is removable and I kept it off for a while because I had to keep readjusting the feet to get everything level.

Good luck with your build!

Whip likes this.
  6. hockeyhead019

hockeyhead019 Active Member Build Thread Contributor

Great build so far! I love all the thought that's gone into the QT tanks. It'll be fun to watch such a big tank grow with everything you're putting into it!

Marco S likes this.
  7. Jarvisffc

Jarvisffc Member

Following

Marco S likes this.
  8. Marco S

Thanks! It has been challenging setting up and maintaining so many QT tanks, but I really wanted to do it the right way from the start to optimize my chances for success. I also figured since I was going to be quarantining everything wet that went into my DT I would spend some time and energy making them appealing as well. Besides the copper tanks, the others have some rock and sand so they don't look too boring since they are all over my house. I can't wait to get everything into the DT and see all the fruits of my labor eventually. :)

9. Marco S

I got a few more corals the other day so I figured I would share some pictures.

Here is the overall tank shot:
    IMG_1700.JPG

I picked up this Blastomussa to add some red in the tank:
    IMG_1697.JPG

I know it doesn't look that red in the photo, but in real life it is pretty red.

I also got this mushroom:
    IMG_1699.JPG

And finally, I got another Duncan...got to love Duncans!
    IMG_1701.JPG

I can't wait to get these in my DT!

Whip and NY_Caveman like this.
  10. Marco S

I finally got my controllers mounted and labeled my cords. They are on the inside of the cabinet and the angle is a bit awkward so I couldn't get the best pics, but I tried...

IMG_1703.JPG
    IMG_1704.JPG

I have some Velcro strips I will be using to tidy it up a bit, but wanted to focus on getting the LED lights and ATO setup first. Here is a pic of the lights:

IMG_1710.JPG

The ATO is full and I have the controller wired, but still need to install the pump. tubing and switches. Hopefully I will get that done today so I can get rid of the annoying little tank it came with.

Whip and NY_Caveman like this.
  11. Marco S

I had some time this morning, so I figured I would post an update with my final fish stock. This is all the fish I will be getting so it's time to focus on coral going forward!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019 at 2:42 PM
    Whip likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted