Marco S Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL Build

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this has been a few years in the making, but I finally ordered my tank today. It will be delivered with the stand put together and they will place the stand and aquarium in my house for me next Friday, (at an additional cost of course) I am so excited to finally start this journey and I had some time to kill so I figured I would start this thread now.

Sadly the Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL Deluxe package is no longer available due to Red Sea deciding to start using their own lights instead of the AI Hydras, but an awesome LFS Owner here in Tucson, AZ got me the tank from Red Sea and the lights from AI at the same price as the deluxe package by working his magic, (Thanks Mike)!

I still need to get a protein skimmer, but I should have everything else ready to go including all equipment and rock and sand by the time the tank arrives.

Here is what I have so far:

Return Pump - Reef Octopus VarioS-8 Controllable DC Pump (2700 GPH)
Power Head - 2 Maxspect XF250 Gyre Pump With Advanced Controller (5300 GPH)
Heaters - 2 Cobalt 300W Neo-Therm Submersible Heater
ATO - Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155
Controller - Neptune Apex Controller System
Glass Cleaner - Flipper Max Magnetic Cleaner
Misc - Neptune Breakout Box
Misc - Neptune Magnetic Probe Holder
IMG_1316.JPG

I have three QT tanks, with the following livestock, (minus two tangs I still need to purchase) that should be ready to go by the time the DT is cycled.

Fish:
2 Ocelaris Clowns (Black and white)
2 Bangai Cardinals
2 PJ Cardinals
1 One spot Foxface Rabbitfish
1 Coral Beauty
1 Powder Blue Tang
1 Purple Tang
1 Blue Tang (Purchasing Friday)
1 2 spot Bristletooth Tang (purchasing Friday)

Inverts:
1 Blood Red Fire Shrimp
1 Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
4 Emerald Crabs
4 Turbo Snails
4 Trochus Snails

No Corals Yet, but plan on getting some soon!

Here are the QT Tanks.

QT 1 for Copper:
IMG_1311.JPG

QT 2 for PraziPro:
QT Pic 2 2-28-2019.jpg

QT 3 for Inverts, (No Meds):
QT Pic 3 2-28-2019.jpg

I am very exited to start this journey and want to thank everyone here that has already given me such excellent advise and the entire R2R family. I have already learned so much from everyone here and hope to continue learning as I go.

I will update this once the tank comes and continue to update the progress as I go.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with the new build! Looks like you are off to a good start :)

OP
OP
Marco S

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased the following items from BRS:

Reef Octopus Regal 200INT Protein Skimmer
Marinepure Gallon 1 1/2'' Spheres
Marinepure 8"X8"4" Plate Ceramic Biomedia
180 lbs Carrib Sea Fiji Pink Arag-Alive! Reef Sand
80 lbs Carrib Sea LifeRock Dry Live Rock
40 lbs MarcoRocks Reef Saver Dry Live Rock
4 Media Cups (To replace filter socks)
Finnex 500W Titanium Heater

All should be here on Thursday and be ready for the tank on Friday. I can't wait to get started!!!

OP
OP
Marco S

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Protein Skimmer, Rock and Sand came Thursday and the tank came yesterday! I was so excited it looks like Christmas in my family room!
OpeningBoxes1.JPG

OpeningBoxes2.JPG

OpeningBoxes3.JPG

If you notice the box in the second picture in the middle is labeled, "Red Sea Reefer XXL Peninsula". I asked why and they said it was the ATO tank and they are all the same for the XXL Series so it was OK...

The tank is a lot bigger in place then I thought. It seems huuuuuuuge! I'm glad I didn't go bigger since I didn't take into account for the space from the wall on both sides, but this tank fits perfect. I am soooooooo happy with my Red Sea Reefer 750XXL.
Reefer750New1.JPG

Reefer750New2.JPG
Reefer750New3.JPG

If you notice there is a tiny bit of water that I was using to clean the tank and you can tell it is not level. I was a bit mad since I just had the tile done for this tank specifically and I told the guy how important it was to be level. I guess I should have double checked the guys work, but live and learn. I am off to Home Depot to buy a level and start working on the leveling feet to get this tank level before doing anything else.

I will try to post more throughout the weekend.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Protein Skimmer, Rock and Sand came Thursday and the tank came yesterday! I was so excited it looks like Christmas in my family room!
OpeningBoxes1.JPG

OpeningBoxes2.JPG

OpeningBoxes3.JPG

If you notice the box in the second picture in the middle is labeled, "Red Sea Reefer XXL Peninsula". I asked why and they said it was the ATO tank and they are all the same for the XXL Series so it was OK...

The tank is a lot bigger in place then I thought. It seems huuuuuuuge! I'm glad I didn't go bigger since I didn't take into account for the space from the wall on both sides, but this tank fits perfect. I am soooooooo happy with my Red Sea Reefer 750XXL.
Reefer750New1.JPG

Reefer750New2.JPG
Reefer750New3.JPG

If you notice there is a tiny bit of water that I was using to clean the tank and you can tell it is not level. I was a bit mad since I just had the tile done for this tank specifically and I told the guy how important it was to be level. I guess I should have double checked the guys work, but live and learn. I am off to Home Depot to buy a level and start working on the leveling feet to get this tank level before doing anything else.

I will try to post more throughout the weekend.

such a pretty site a living full of tank goodies!! looks like quality stuff too!
are you using all AI pries to light the tank? or is that 24's

OP
OP
Marco S

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
such a pretty site a living full of tank goodies!! looks like quality stuff too!
are you using all AI pries to light the tank? or is that 24's
They are the Hydra HD 24's. They sent me the goose-neck mounts instead of the regular ones so I was just testing to see if I want to send them back or not. They are only about $10 difference per mount, but I think I will end up keeping them and seeing if I can get the difference in credit towards my Prime refugium light I plan on getting next month.

OP
OP
Marco S

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are suppose too? I did not notice one on my RS750?? I just got 2 feet of 1" black food grade tube from BRS.
That's a good question. I assumed it would be included, but maybe not.

Seems like Red Sea is pretty popular here, can anyone confirm or deny if the tubing for the return pump is included or not?

OP
OP
Marco S

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During the process of leveling the tank I realized that the front left corner of the tank is sitting lower than the other three corners since the leveling mat is more compressed in that corner. In order to level the tank I had to make the stand uneven and now the little feet in that corner are out more than I am comfortable with and the sump is not level, (off by about 1/2 inch). I put in a request with Red Sea to see what to do and am waiting for a reply. My build is on hold until I figure out what to do. :(

Sley1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No tubing came with my 625xxl, I did the black tubing from BRS also. Tank looks great where it’s placed, I hope you can get things leveled out and keep moving with the build..

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back