Marine betta sick! help

maxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this fish last week from my lfs and now i notice what a looks like a open wound on his bottom lip , ( he didn't have that when i got it ) beside that the fish is not eating i need some helps here dont want to loose this guy :(
42b40eaaf9cd76c6a039457afde2c7b1.jpg
146646d595015a79710808342c717feb.jpg
518e05ee7b873a752576e4832263b2d8.jpg
349b00c2dcf62008921cf2d95c5c2299.jpg

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 0 experience with these. It does look like a cut. I would keep a close eye on it as it could likely cause a secondary bacterial infection. I would have some antibiotics on hand and a QT ready to go just in case.

@melypr1985 @Humblefish @4FordFamily

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like damage likely because of or now has an infection. I’d treat in a quarantine with kanaplex, metroplex, and furan 2.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. It looks like an injury. Good water quality, excellent food quality and low stress. Vitamins added to the food (garlic doesn't count) is always a good bonus. Treating with the antibiotics 4ford mentioned would be the cautious route and the one I would personally take with this one while also applying the things I mentioned.

OP
OP
maxter

maxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never treated a fish before is necesary to take him out of the tank ? i think that will be very stressful for the fish
I tried ghost shrimp guppys frozen mysis pellets he dont eat with the ghost shrimp he try to catch it but loss interest and let the shrimp go :/

My tank is fairly new (150) gal about 3 months with a couple of corals lps and two blue dudgeon fish

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never treated a fish before is necesary to take him out of the tank ? i think that will be very stressful for the fish
I tried ghost shrimp guppys frozen mysis pellets he dont eat with the ghost shrimp he try to catch it but loss interest and let the shrimp go :/

My tank is fairly new (150) gal about 3 months with a couple of corals lps and two blue dudgeon fish
Yeah it is because depending on what he has of you leave him on the main tank it could spread. If the meds go in the water the rock and sand absorb them and could affect the dose. If you are feeding the medication it could be harder to target this fish specifically and the meds could hurt inverts in the tank. Plus in a quarantine tank it is easier to monitor progress and spot other symptoms like a change in eating, pooping, or imperfections on the fish.

OP
OP
maxter

maxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helloo guys i finally got a 10 gal tank with water and filter media from my tank running hopefully that's big enough also went to like 3 petco and petsupermarket and was unable to find those kanaplex, metroplex i want to know if can i use melafix and pimafix instead i want to start medicating the asap , thanks

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back